What Should I Do When Calories For The Day Are Lower?

124»

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    But how far off could one tablespoon of peanut butter be? Would weighing be that much more specific?

If my memory is correct 30g of peanut butter is 190 calories... thats about 1 tbs. So yea, 1 tbs can easily turn into 2 (cause I love peanut butter)

Whoa...what brand of peanut butter do you eat? All the ones i've had are 90 - 100 cal for a tablespoon. I've not seen anything close to 190.
    32 grams of peanut butter is generally around 190 calories which, sadly, does not measure out to 2 tablespoons but less. Oh, the importance of a food scale for accuracy.

it must be the brand you're using. Mine is listed on the label is 30 grams or 1 tbsp....the Kraft All Natural (no salt no sugar) comes in at 90 calories and the bulk no salt no sugar crunchy peanut butter i get at my local grocery store is also listed as 30 grams or 1 tbsp per serving and is 100 calories.
    8AfqSF1.jpg
    There's your brand. 15g. 1tbsp. 90 calories.

so.. 2 tbsp, 30g, would be 180 calories.

Boom. Magic.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    But how far off could one tablespoon of peanut butter be? Would weighing be that much more specific?

If my memory is correct 30g of peanut butter is 190 calories... thats about 1 tbs. So yea, 1 tbs can easily turn into 2 (cause I love peanut butter)

Whoa...what brand of peanut butter do you eat? All the ones i've had are 90 - 100 cal for a tablespoon. I've not seen anything close to 190.
    32 grams of peanut butter is generally around 190 calories which, sadly, does not measure out to 2 tablespoons but less. Oh, the importance of a food scale for accuracy.

it must be the brand you're using. Mine is listed on the label is 30 grams or 1 tbsp....the Kraft All Natural (no salt no sugar) comes in at 90 calories and the bulk no salt no sugar crunchy peanut butter i get at my local grocery store is also listed as 30 grams or 1 tbsp per serving and is 100 calories.
    8AfqSF1.jpg
    There's your brand. 15g. 1tbsp. 90 calories.

so.. 2 tbsp, 30g, would be 180 calories.

Boom. Magic.

baha....not sure where i got 30 grams from. oh well. good thing i was going by tablespoon then in this case.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    A day later and we are still arguing about peanut butter?
  • gbbarbru
    gbbarbru Posts: 23 Member
    If you are not hungry do not eat. Each day is different and one day you will be very hungry. Everything will balance at the end. Think nutrition and don't wory about eating less calories every once in a while. My 2 cents.