lost 110 pounds so far with 12 more to go with pics

Options

Replies

• markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You've been where I'm trying to go. I so want to do this but, I can't even bring myself to post a picture.
  • airsangel
    airsangel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration!! You have put in the hard work and it shows...congrats on becoming healthier and happier!
  • captainamerica52
    Options
    mint job bro looking great:drinker:
  • ElisaGetsHealthy
    ElisaGetsHealthy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great story, thanks so much for sharing!!!! Very inspiring!
  • MyChangeIsComing
    MyChangeIsComing Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job!! you look great!!:smile:
  • joecmoore1
    joecmoore1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You look awesome dude!!! Amazing!!! Your doing the work man!! :happy:
  • cdstaufenbiel
    cdstaufenbiel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment! Way to go!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow, just amazing. Totally amazing!! Thanks for sharing, and you have done a wonderful job. I like your philosophy.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your wonderful transformation. Love your philosophy... one goal at a time. And the food too, stuff you used to love now has less appeal because of calories or nutritional value. Thanks for sharing your story you are an inspiration.
  • cdgirl
    cdgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are! Congrats on your accomplishments so far and thank you for all the helpful advice.God bless you!
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!! Great job!
  • lovejulez03
    lovejulez03 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Absolutely AMAZING!
  • SanCan2602
    SanCan2602 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation! Congrats!!!
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • graceisfree
    graceisfree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!
  • wannabprncs
    wannabprncs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look great. This is my first week on MFP and I have over 100 lbs to lose. I only hope I can do as well as you
  • Sassymama66_75HARD
    Sassymama66_75HARD Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are truly inspirational!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow! ... and ... Wow!
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    A lot of you have asked for a before and after picture of me. I did not have many before pictures, as I never liked having my picture taken for obvious reasons.

Here is my story. I had issues mostly due to high blood pressure, As a lot of people, i didn’t even realize it was high, but it was about 260/140 when i had my stroke. I am very lucky I survived, although there was some damage to my left side which made even walking difficult and was in the hospital for about 35 days and went thru physical, occupational, and speech therapy, which continued for about 2 months after I left the hospital. I was paralyzed on the left side of my body, and gained about 50 pounds or so. One day a friend told me about My Fitness Pal and Fitbit, and just started 1 day and haven't stopped. 

Like i tell most people, I didn’t look at how far I had to go, as it seemed unobtainable being about 120 pounds. so I started looking at what I accomplished and being happy if I lost 1 pound, or when i got to 10 pounds and saw what i was doing was working. To me that has always been the key. Getting on the scale and seeing any loss inspired me to do even more. Even if the scale didn't do what I expected, that also inspired me by making me do even more to get a result.

I started jan 4, 2013 at 282 pounds and now i am at 171. I began at a 48 inch waist and a xxl shirt, and now I am a 34 waist and a small shirt.

Just make sure your good days far outweigh your bad ones. The thing that helps me the most and what I learned, is how easy it is to gain weight and how hard it is to lose. not fair, is it? I know I can be bad a day and maybe gain a pound or so, but I also know it can take a week or two to lose that pound, and I hate going backwards. The other thing that helped me a lot was to pre log what i eat. So many times, I would go to eat something, and think, is it worth using that many calories eating this. And a lot of times, I would find myself saying no, and either not eating it or finding something less in calories. it would be like I don’t want to be left with that many few calories for the rest of the day so by pre logging, you can make that choice. I am at the point where i would rather lose that pound than eat a piece of pizza or cake. Just don’t worry about how far you have to go, look at your accomplishments and don’t worry about the scale. If you eat it and then log it, its to late, there s nothing you can do about it. That i think helped me the most along with being inspired with every little thing from losing any weight, even 1/4 of a pound, or going down in waist size, of someone just noticing you have got smaller, or just positive comments from people on here. I don’t think I could ever have done this without all the support i get from mfp and my fitbit. both very inspiring...I also now get in 12,000 steps a day almost everyday. To me it is like a job, I very rarely have a cheat day, as that just slows me down from reaching my goal. Also, I found short term goals help a lot as well. Like now I am at 171, so my next short term goal is to reach the 160's.

Anyway, here are the pics which I never thought that I would put on here.
    This first one is from about when I started, Jan 4, 2013 with a 48 waist and weighing 282 pounds.

me.jpg

:smile: And these were taken today, April 13,2014 with a 34 waist and weihing 172 pounds with 12 pounds to my goal :smile:

me2.jpg

me3.jpg

me-1.jpg

Anyone that would like another friend that is on here almost all the time, feel free to add me!!!

Very impressive!
  • lylemalcom
    Options
    Fantastic!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!