5"5 ladies.. what is your ideal weight

Options

Replies

• saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I started off at 155lbs, my initial goal was 135lbs but after a lot of stress last year, I dropped to 119lbs without even attempting to! I was starting to look gaunt/unhealthy. I'm now around 123lbs and have been able to maintain that for quite some time and feel happy and healthy.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 My SW was 148 CW is like 147 and my GW is 128-130, but I am going to start lifting so if I don't reach that weight but fit in a small pant size I am happy about that.
  • Tffanie4712
    Tffanie4712 Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm in between 5'5-5'6 but finally a post for us lol. My goal weight is 135 but I thinking I want to do 125 or 130
  • ukeluva1
    ukeluva1 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm 5foot5 and currently 121lbs. My ideal weight is 100lbs but my goal weight at the moment is 110lbs. Nothing seems to be happening though :/
  • mandamerlot
    mandamerlot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 123-125, which I was at 10 weeks postpartum with my daughter but have since regained the weight. Currently at 137 and it's been almost impossible to lose the last of this weight :(
  • dmckinney18
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my weight currently is168, my ideal weight is 115 but that's a while away lmao!
  • Aimstew22
    Aimstew22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" so it's close enough I say. I am turning 29 on Sat (yikes!) and just started my weight loss adventure Mon April 7th (about a week & half ago). My start weight was 158 lbs, I am currently at about 153 and my ideal/goal weight is 135. I don't think I have weighed that since maybe High School or so. I know my body and I don't have a tiny frame so I am thinking that anything less than 135 just wouldn't look right on me and might be virtually impossible. Plus ideally I don't want to just be skinny but fit and a bit muscular. I'm starting to run on a regular basis again, counting every single calorie I eat/drink (and trying to not cave for McDonalds or Pizza since I used to eat each of those almost once a week), and then maybe another week or 2 in will likely want to start adding in some lifting or weights to work on toning. Here's to hoping I can stick to it this time around :)
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I am 60 yrs young, 5'6" and weight "today" is 177.5 @ 26.7% body fat....weight fluctuates between 172-177.5 on any given day...lol. My ideal body fat % would be 22% at a weight of 167 lbs.
  • whit_7
    whit_7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5"4 and my current weight is 145 which looks pretty good. I am a size 6 in jeans but my bust are the largest part of my body. My goal weight is 135 curvy I would like to continue to look like a grown women not a little girl.
  • Someonegreat37
    Someonegreat37 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm really 5" 4.5 but I always round up that half inch. Currently at 123-125 and would like to be 117-120. There was a point last year where I weighed just under 115 and I thought I looked good, a few people told me I looked too thin. Anyway I'm a runner and have a small frame and want to be able to run my fastest without getting weak.
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Started at 196, but have been up to 210 before...my initial goal is 146 and then I'll evaluate. I've been down to about 135, but felt too thin at that weight.
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am 5"5 and I started with 214 now I am 162 . My goal weight is 130-135 .
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I weigh 135. It's what I'm thinking is my ideal weight. I'm still working on body recomp so that could change with time. Hopefully I'll get heavier while staying the same size. MUSCLES!
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and my goal weight is 125 right now. I might lower it but I'll see how I look when I get closer to my 125 goal. I have a small frame.

Remember to take into account your frame size when choosing a goal weight. A lot of (especially young) people choose a low weight but have a medium to large frame, so they look sickly when they lose too much. Or someone with a small frame chooses a high goal weight because they used to be overweight/obese and just want to be in the healthy BMI range, even though the healthy range is too high of a body fat percentage for someone with a small frame.

I am just now in the "healthy" BMI range but my body fat percentage (calculated using body measurements, which I know isn't as accurate as other methods) says I am at the low end of "obese" so I have a ways to go before I'm actually healthy. If I had a large frame I would probably be close to my goal right now.

Body fat percentage is also helpful for people who want to be bodybuilders. Their weights tend to be high, but they have low percentages of body fat, which means they're healthy even if the BMI chart says otherwise.
  • crystal075
    crystal075 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 5'4" and three quarters with a medium frame. I started at 150, and currently at 138. My goals would be to get below 130 pounds, maybe 125 at the lightest, but I know that would sacrifice my muscles which I really don't want to do. I usually average around 140, so getting lower is a lot of hard work for me. Feel free to add me for those with similar goals :)
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5 and weigh 123lbs. I feel comfortable at this weight and absolutely do not want to go any lower. If anything, I want to round it up to 125. I went down to 119 last summer (not intentionally, through stress) and I started looking ill/gaunt.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm 115 and I think it's quite low. I feel comfortable but maybe I'd look better with 10 more pounds.
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    5ft 4 and currently 132 aiming for about 118. When I was powerlifting in my 30's I was in the 52 kilo class (between 112 and 114 lbs) but was not bulky. Starting to lift heavy again but now I'm 60 so won't get the same muscle gains, but at the same time it is so much harder to lose the belly fat so I'm going more by how my clothes fit. Having a sedentary job sucks as well!

Should say I have a small frame but a very hourglass shape and large boobs - excess weight is all around the middle so I can look very chunky in some clothes!! My ticker shows my original goal weight - haven't altered it yet
  • jennyla2
    jennyla2 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my SW was 167 after I had back surgery in February--I ate alot of ice cream!! I am currently 155.8 as of this morning (Yay me!!). My goal weight is 140-145. After I had kids my lowest weight was 135 for about 5 minutes. I looked great, but had to carefully watch what I ate (which wasn't much) to maintain that. I'm ok being 5-10 pounds heavier if that's more sustainable. The lowest weight I was before kids was 120, but that was in my 20's--I don't think I could do that again. I'm lucky that my husband's "type" isn't super skinny. He liked Rene Zellwiger AFTER she gained the weight for Bridget Jones, after she lost it he asked "What happened to her?" Love him!!
  • misskris78
    misskris78 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    5'5". Size 4-6 US. 18% BF. 147.

I'm 36 with 2 kids. I don't need to be any thinner. I'd look creepy.