Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal with pics!!!

Replies

• WildBillR
    WildBillR Posts: 77 Member
    Bump - sounds delish.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Quadrupled the recipe as we're having guests tomorrow. In the oven now. Thanks for sharing.

Great idea! Did you cook them in multiple pans? How did you like them?

I spread the mix evenly over a parchment paper lined baking sheet. I cut it into 24 2-inch squares and they are brilliant. ^_^

Awesome!
  • mskimberlee
    mskimberlee Posts: 38 Member
    Bump
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Tagging to try later this week. This looks really yummy!
  • 867Jen5309
    867Jen5309 Posts: 37 Member
    those sound great! thanks for sharing!!
  • bump
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I made this last night and cooked it for 20 and broiled it for several minutes and it's really soft, more like bread. It's yummy, though, and I can reheat them in the toaster oven, maybe they will get a little more cookie-like.
  • ElvenToad
    I made this last night and cooked it for 20 and broiled it for several minutes and it's really soft, more like bread. It's yummy, though, and I can reheat them in the toaster oven, maybe they will get a little more cookie-like.

That's normal they are softer bars. They should be firm enough that they don't fall apart when you cut them or pick them up, but soft when you bite into them. I usually store mine in the fridge and eat them cold but heating them up sounds good too :)

Also if you prefer a more crunchy bar you can play around with the recipe.. I've tried rice crispies cereal, and nuts with less milk and applesauce. I prefer them soft though.
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Oooooh, these sound amazing!
  • 78105234a
    78105234a Posts: 41 Member
    bump
  • sjjsjj
    sjjsjj Posts: 1
    What is PB2?
    Thanks
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    What is PB2?
    Thanks

Powdered peanut butter with 85% less fat calories than regular peanut butter.
  • danahubley
    danahubley Posts: 40 Member
    I am drooling just thinking about making these. Thank you so much for sharing not only the recipe but the pictures too! :smile:
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, I made a modified version tonight and it turned out delicious!

For mine I substituted using 2% milk, pure cane sugar, Jif PB and 1/4 c raisins instead of chocolate chips. In place of a small baking or loaf pan I used a 6-cup muffin tin and baked them at 400F for 20 minutes, broiled for 3 minutes. Then I cut up three Dove Dark Chocolate Promises and distributed the pieces evenly over the tops and broiled another 2 mins to melt the chocolate. YUM!

The MFP recipe builder came out to 177 cal. for each 'Oatmeal & Raisin Chocolate Muffkie'. hehe Just the silly name I gave them.

I can't wait to have Hubby try one when he gets up for work later. Hope he likes them too. Regardless, I'll definitely be making these again and experimenting with other variations. :)
  • lolabarone
    lolabarone Posts: 8
    YUMMY! Thanks!
  • SkinnyRuthy
    SkinnyRuthy Posts: 154 Member
    YUM! I have all these ingredients in the house...wonder of wonders! Yippee!!
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    I just wanted to say that I made this on Monday and I've already eaten them all. Super tasty! Thanks so much for the recipe!
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    bump to save :)
  • ElvenToad
    Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, I made a modified version tonight and it turned out delicious!

For mine I substituted using 2% milk, pure cane sugar, Jif PB and 1/4 c raisins instead of chocolate chips. In place of a small baking or loaf pan I used a 6-cup muffin tin and baked them at 400F for 20 minutes, broiled for 3 minutes. Then I cut up three Dove Dark Chocolate Promises and distributed the pieces evenly over the tops and broiled another 2 mins to melt the chocolate. YUM!

The MFP recipe builder came out to 177 cal. for each 'Oatmeal & Raisin Chocolate Muffkie'. hehe Just the silly name I gave them.

I can't wait to have Hubby try one when he gets up for work later. Hope he likes them too. Regardless, I'll definitely be making these again and experimenting with other variations. :)

Muffkie, love it! A muffin pan is a great idea. I'm so glad you loved them! How did your hubby like them?
  • ElvenToad
    I just wanted to say that I made this on Monday and I've already eaten them all. Super tasty! Thanks so much for the recipe!

lol I know the feeling! They don't usually sit around for very long :) Glad you enjoyed them and you're very welcome!