Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal with pics!!!

Replies

• lgardhouse
    lgardhouse Posts: 11 Member
    Bump - must save to try this week!
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    >> 3 tbsp stevia or sweetener of choice

This amount of stevia is way too much and gives it that nasty stevia chemical aftertaste. I think you meant teaspoons - otherwise this sweetening is like 36 tablespoons of sugar or 2.25 cups. nuts
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    I found something amazing and I have to share with the wonderful mfp community! Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal. It is healthy, yummy, and best of all you can add in whatever you want to make it even more awesome :) Here is the recipe..

1 cup rolled oats (100g)
    1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
    3 tbsp stevia or sweetener of choice
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (120g)
    1/2 cup almond milk
    1/8 tsp salt
    2 tbsp dark chocolate chips (save a few for the top, too!)
    4 tbsp PB2, OR 2 tbsp peanut butter, or almond butter. (I used PB2)
    Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon (If you like cinnamon in chocolate chip cookies)

Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine dry ingredients, then mix in wet.
    ioev50.jpg

Pour into a small baking pan, or loaf pan.
    33k7o92.jpg

Cook for 20 minutes, or more until it’s firm. Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 3-5 more minutes (or simply just bake longer, but broiling gives it a nice crust). Don’t forget to spray your pan first so it comes out nice and easy.

2qut91t.jpg

This makes 4 servings, I cut mine into 4 bars. It tastes like your eating something bad.. like a cookie dough candy bar! I LOVE it :)
    5y6c7.jpg
    2quiyv5.jpg

Per bar 157 cals, 26 carbs, 5 fat, 5 protein, 87 sodium, 4 fiber. NOM!!!!

Thank you OP - I made these yesterday, leaving out the sweetener and replacing the chocolate chips with cut up apples and these were just awesome. I made them into 3 big bars and they are all gone already... going to try another batch today- but they were frigging awesome...
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    OHHHHH YEAHHHHH.....GOLD. PURE GOLD.
  • BleuBerryS
    BleuBerryS Posts: 80 Member
    Looks amazing, definitly be making them
  • DiminutiveDame
    DiminutiveDame Posts: 45 Member
    Bump.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    >> 3 tbsp stevia or sweetener of choice

This amount of stevia is way too much and gives it that nasty stevia chemical aftertaste. I think you meant teaspoons - otherwise this sweetening is like 36 tablespoons of sugar or 2.25 cups. nuts

No I meant 3 tbsp, that's how much I use and I love the way they taste. But yes you can cut that by however much you wish or just omit it altogether if you prefer.
  • ElvenToad
    [/quote]

Thank you OP - I made these yesterday, leaving out the sweetener and replacing the chocolate chips with cut up apples and these were just awesome. I made them into 3 big bars and they are all gone already... going to try another batch today- but they were frigging awesome...
    [/quote]

Awesome! Sounds great with apples!
  • ElvenToad
    OHHHHH YEAHHHHH.....GOLD. PURE GOLD.

lol I know right!!
  • jar819
    jar819 Posts: 45 Member
    yum..bump
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Now, if we eat them all in one day, it's ok right?? Mine disappeared fast :laugh:
  • ElvenToad
    Now, if we eat them all in one day, it's ok right?? Mine disappeared fast :laugh:

Absolutely :)
  • I am going to make this tonight! Thanks for the recipe!!
  • ohiotubagal
    ohiotubagal Posts: 190 Member
    Serious yum! Why did I have to find this on a fast day?? That's okay, I can make them tomorrow!! Thanks!
  • louwho34
    louwho34 Posts: 13 Member
    This look yummy! Thanks for sharing.:wink:
  • ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Ooh, these look awesome! I do wonder about adding in some whey - I may have to try that!
  • KylieJordan16
    KylieJordan16 Posts: 36 Member
    Yum!!! I'm trying these.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    These look great!
  • Tingababoo
    Tingababoo Posts: 51 Member
    Ahh 230cal per serving with real PB! Can't wait to try thanks!
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    I made this. I added some chopped rhubarb and coconut to it and ate it with matcha greek yogurt. It was way too delicious!