• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    WEEK 8 FASTING DIET

Start Weight/Height: 250 / 6'1"

Weekly Weight Loss: 7, 3, 3, 1, 3, (1), 5, 3

Total Weight Loss: 24-lbs / 8-wks

Current Weight: 226

Goal Weight: 180, 46 lbs to go

Diet Method: Fast breakfast and lunch. Eat from around 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.. Take protien supplements and vitamins. All food types and some junk allowed. Eat tell full (usually 1800 to 2400 cals is all I can eat since stomach shrinks). Started on Week 6 to have Saturdays as a day to not follow the diet (mental break). I usually do something physically active that day also.

This is by far the easiest diet I have tried. Once I eat, my stomach wants to be fed. Eating small meals or trying to skip a meal after I've started eating for the day is torture! Not eating at all, I don't get that hungry since the fasting acts like an appetite suppressant. I also get to eat tell full each day! I'm saving lots of money on lunches and don't have the afternoon crash or "need" to eat junk to keep me going in the afternoon (saving money there also).
    Exercise: 4xweek either bike or walk for 45-60 min. I feel better than I have for a long time. I have had no problem doing this amount of exercise while fasting.

General Comments: I think benefits of the fasting (blood sugar regulation), not eating junk in afternoons, and being diligent with vitamins/protein supplements, and drinking a lot of water during the day has made me feel a lot better. I have energy into the evenings also which I didn't have much of before on my old routine (junk in the afternoons to get me to the end of the day).

Week's Comments: It's still working! Don't want as much junk as before. Daughter's Halloween stash didn't even tempt me. Just had a snack sized sugger babies and milk duds.
  • PurpleSpark89
    PurpleSpark89 Posts: 9 Member
    Awesome work Blambo, thanks for sharing!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    ...and the good news keeps pouring in! Thanks for the updates, folks!
  • cakey111
    cakey111 Posts: 12 Member
    I have started intermittent fasting so far twice twice a week.. From 6 pm to 6 pm and then only 500 calories for supper. I lose 1-2 lbs after each fast so far! I am thrilled and also find it easier to just eat once a day - something I never would have thought possible. The lower weight on the scale each morning is a real incentive! The other days I do a fast from 6 pm until noon the next day and eat no more than 1200 calories. I also do 45 minutes of inline skating (just learnt how) and I am getting so motivated now that the inches are coming off that I've decided to6incorporate the "from couch to 5k" program into my life! The latest is that it is good for you to fast and I have not felt this good and energetic in years. So, I agree with you that one meal a day is a great option for some people. I would suggest that this one meal be a healthy one most of the time and that you eat until satisfied but not full. Hunger pangs are not steady but come when you cook or smell food but then go away. I usually drink water or peppermint tea to distract myself. It really works.

Good going. I know of at least one guy who did what I did, but went back to two or three meals on the weekends and he saw great progress. Mixing up your routine may indeed work wonders (or ONEDERS!) for you. Just depends on your own particular needs.

I, too, do lots of teas and coffees, but I cycle on and off. 3 days of tea and water, 3 days of coffee and water, 1 day of water and diet soda. It's no joke how effective teas and coffees are at curbing hunger. They are better than any "appetite supressants" I am aware of, not to mention they directly aid in the body's burning of fat.
    socajam wrote: »
    It's not as hard as you'd think, peeps. I'm not some Vulcan with unearthly mind power, nor is anybody else who's done this. But anything worth doing is worth sacrificing for and costs something.

Yes, the first week is really hard, less so the next 3 weeks. After that, if you're still doing it, you're saying: "I can keep doing this!" And that means you've as good as already done it since you know you've adopted it and can do it forever. The reason people fail on so many eating plans is because they can't make peace to live with the changes. This is not that hard to get used to. it requires sacrifice, but the payoff is worth it.

And once you know that you can ONLY EAT ONCE PER DAY, the conviction sits in your mind and you get less hungry because you know when you can eat and that you only have to wait 23 hrs at the most for your meal (which will consist of just about whatever you want). You set a boundary and know you can never cross it for the sake of yourself. Therefore, it gets easier.

Plus, multiple meal portion moderators are doing it the hard way since it's way easier to jinx your efforts by overeating 3 times a day as opposed to 1. The one-plate rule is yet another safeguard. The result is that this works and I'm almost never sick anymore. I have tons of energy and a more full day at my disposal.

“Eat a single meal a day, no matter what anyone says. If your doctor says that you should eat more than one meal a day, ignore him with a smile and eat only once a day. If he tells you he eats three meals a day, tell him that his length of life is about the same as his patients. Then, tell the doctor to try eating one meal a day.”

-Elijah Muhammed, How to Eat to Live, Book 1.

That quote is so true.

• cakey111
    I really want to do the OMAD because
  • cakey111
    I lost 7 lb about 20 yr ago using OMAD. I'm inspired by these stories to start again because the 3 or 6 meals a day aren't working at all. I have type 2 diabetes A1c of 6.5, so I may have to have a limited carb " snack" if glucose drops. It will take careful monitoring but I'll report how it goes.
  • cakey111
    maybe a string cheese w half an Apple w bedtime meds bec. of type 2 diab. Just think of it as another med. Or triscuit w tsp.peanut butter. Should be enough to prevent glucose drop....I'll experiment.
  • d2othev
    d2othev Posts: 43 Member
    I looked at this diet and OMAD feed a few months ago. I tried it for 1 day, and I was so miserable that I binged and quit. Here I am several months later and 15lbs heavier. Yikes!

I recently found this feed again and decided to give this another try. I have been successful for two days and am feeling like I may be able to sustain this! I am fighting the urge to weigh myself. I mean it's been two days, shouldn't I be at my goal weight by now? lol
  • arguablysamson
    edited December 2015
    Please remember, folks, that the fact that this plan is real is seen in that it DOES require some sacrifice. Fads, gimmicks, and fakery do not require anything and are easy. That's why people don't lose much weight on them. But anyone who tells you that you won't ever be hungry hasn't lost much weight. You will be hungry sometimes. That's a fact. But there is a big difference between hunger and starvation. Feast and famine, night and day, hunger and fullness...they are all necessary parts of the life cycle. That will always be true.

I do occasionally get messages from people who say they've tried OMAD when they've only "tried" it for less than a week. Even though speed is not the goal losing with OMAD, it is still faster than any other plan I know of. But still, you need to try something for about six weeks--that's true for any eating plan. Not to be rude, but anyone who can't manage themselves for that long either isn't serious about their betterment efforts or else isn't together enough to manage their affairs.
  • d2othev
    d2othev Posts: 43 Member
    Update: I have been doing this since Monday 12/21/2015 and today is Saturday 12/26/2015. I'm sure that some of this is water weight, but I have lost 7 lbs in 5 days and I feel fantastic!
  • PurpleSpark89
    PurpleSpark89 Posts: 9 Member
    Congrats on your progress D2othev! Thanks for sharing! :) Keep it up and let us know how its going from time to time! Ive been sticking to my plan for the most part, its hard since Im on vacay for the entirey of december so its not always twentyfour hours between my meals. And sometimes Ive cracked and snacked some days. But steady as she goes, the scale is going down verrryyy slowly, and at the very least it hasn't gone back up. As long as I dont stop trying Ill reach my goals. Only lost 2 pounds so far this month. A bit disappointing, but a loss is a loss :)
  • SkinnyJess317
    SkinnyJess317 Posts: 9 Member
    This method sounds similar to the Warrior Diet - which is a form of Intermittent Fasting. You can have small snacks throughout the day, but it focuses on the "feast" which is your big meal. It's what I've been doing for my weight loss and I LOVE IT. I feel more energized -- exact opposite of how I feel, sluggish and tired, when I overeat.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    I am very interested in this. I find myself not hungry but eating just because I am "supposed to" or because the food is there. I do wonder about how you handle eating out. Do you use that for your splurge day? My wife and I go out on date night every Saturday and we tend to eat out along with another activity.

I think I will have to give this a try and see what happens.
  • blambo61
    I really like this, thank u for sharing!! Good job

• blambo61
    clobern80 wrote: »
    I am very interested in this. I find myself not hungry but eating just because I am "supposed to" or because the food is there. I do wonder about how you handle eating out. Do you use that for your splurge day? My wife and I go out on date night every Saturday and we tend to eat out along with another activity.

I've been doing this for 16 weeks and have lost 32 lbs. It's easy because you just don't eat tell the evening. It makes dieting easy.
  • arguablysamson
    clobern80 wrote: »

I have never been a huge calorie-counter. I only really ever followed the one-plate rule, except occasionally when it was easier to count calories from the menu. When eating out, if it's not a splurge day and you don't want to simply count calories from the menu (in a lot of places, calorie information is available), you can still use the one-plate rule.
  • lcthatsit
    lcthatsit Posts: 18 Member
    Wow! This is basically what happens when you have surgery. You did it without the medical bills and all the cuts.
    Amazing! This is motivation
  • arguablysamson
    lcthatsit wrote: »
    Wow! This is basically what happens when you have surgery. You did it without the medical bills and all the cuts.
    Amazing! This is motivation

Yep, but I do occasionally have people asking if i secretly had a lapband procedure or something. lol.

Nope. It's just the results of getting dead-serious about workable habit reformation. The adjustment is tough at first, but once made, it has its blessings.
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    I apply Fast 5 and I love the simplicity also...good on you...the two hardest hurdles are what you think and what others think...and you overcame both :)
  • alismommy1992
    alismommy1992 Posts: 72 Member
    Congrats and its possible i have always eatn 1 time a day idk why im fat actually lol jk but yes its possible i never eat breakfast i eat either lunch or dinner i think my problem is i love junk food to much and i eat it in big portions
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!