What are your favorite snacks?

Options
12346»

Replies

• IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    im a huge fan of Peanut Butter, so huge that i end up eating the whole darn jar..lol..so i had to switch to PB2, and it has saved me sooooo many calories and fat!!!

my favorite snacks are: peanut butter crackers, almonds, granola bars and fruit snacks
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    One trick with peanut butter, you can half the serving size and still enjoy the flavor. Hummus has a lot of calories too. Try eating veggies if you're having a hard time keeping your calories down and don't forget your water. Water and exercise keeps me from snacking. But some fun easy snacks: Cucumber slices, carrots, celery, any vegetable with salsa, banana + chocolate peanut butter protein + almond milk. Oatmeal with apples and cinimon. Find out what is in your diet that you can cut back so you can enjoy some snacks. I've replaced most of my milk with unsweetined almond milk, started eating egg whites instead of the whole egg, replaced most mayo with just mustard, reduced my cheese munching. Snacks can me 100 cal or less, can be of anything, to include just a few chips (5) or tbsp of ice cream :)

About hummus , a tip I learned from Weighwatchers - replace some of it (a third or half) with yogurt (lowfat natural or greek, but greek would keep the thickness) and add a little pulped garlic.
  • imawatermelon
    Options
    Fruit, esp apples, mangos, honeydew, watermelon, plums and pineapple which fill me up pretty quick and are low in fat and calories. I also like frozen yogurt bars.
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    sugar snap peas...I could eat them allllll dayyyy loooong!
  • WaynesGurl
    WaynesGurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (I love vanilla Dannon light and fit) with a hand full of chopped almonds/pistachios/pecans (mix I get at the store) and 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal.....yummers
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't snack much, but when I do it's usually: String cheese, Seapoint Farms dry roasted edamame, fruit, nuts, or low sodium V8
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I've jumped on the smoothie bandwagon. They are easy if you get the magic bullet and you can keep them relatively low cal/low fat with lots of flavors if you use the right stuff. I use Pinterest for recipes, but I usually end up just using what I have. I keep lots of herbs and fruits frozen so I always have them. I use coconut water most of the time as it helps with digestion. But I use almond milk for sweeter drinks or when I need some extra protein.
  • janinelambiase
    Options
    Another idea, I have been squeezing fresh lemon onto my veggies and other food, just so they don't taste so blend.
    Its actually very refreshing !