What is your newest food obsession?

Replies

• Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    I have three right now:

- Copious amounts of fruits especially mangoes and durian.
    - Baybel mini cheese
    - Homemade sushi rolls
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Bitter orange marmalade...made with Seville oranges.:bigsmile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    i've been liking kale now that it's been thrown in my food by various ppl I love and trust. a fave restaurant crispy fries it as a garnish. different family members have made it the base of a salad uncooked with garbanzo beans and citrus dressing, and also used it to accent a cous cous dish with chicken and spices.

i just thought it was some nasty new food trend by all the hype but it's really pretty good. now when I see it on menu's I actually crave it.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Pancakes with maple syrup.

If I hadn't learnt the technique of "moderation" I'd probably weigh 600lbs by now.
  • Thezestiest
    Thezestiest Posts: 37 Member
    Avocado is one of them. Can't seem to get enough of it. Lucky for me, it's healthy!
  • MoosyGoosy
    MoosyGoosy Posts: 44
    Two minute noodles.

I eat them straight from the cup :P
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Vitatops.

OMG OMG NOM NOM NOM!!
  • moleskined
    moleskined Posts: 3 Member
    Cookie-and-cream proats with crunchy peanut butter.

God-tier food.
  • Pathend2
    Pathend2 Posts: 142
    Sushi. I used to hate rice of all sorts, and the idea of eating raw fish was frightening considering all the issues that came with it. But about a year ago I decided to give sushi a try. At first, I couldn't stand it, but I guess it was me being adverse to change. Months later, a friend had me try it again at a conveyor belt place, and I fell in love. Now just the smell of nori or wasabi makes me hungry.
  • Thezestiest
    Thezestiest Posts: 37 Member
    oooooh sushi is my favorite food ever - my ticker has a pic of homemade sushi rolls!
  • Myfitfutureself
    Myfitfutureself Posts: 34 Member
    Venison, and for some reason I like celery now.......I hate celery....errr did.....or still do ..... but I eat a lot of it....OK I like it.......
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Mexican Taqueria Salads...yummm. Ok, now I want one!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Honey roasted crunchy peanut butter.
  • Some strange but delicious combinations:

*1/2 cup cottage cheese with 1/4 cup Udi natural granola
    *cook 2-3 eggs with approx. 1/4 cup cottage cheese for the most fluffy and buttery-tasting eggs you've ever had (plus loaded with protein)
    *blueberries coated in plain Greek yogurt and freeze
    *avocado slices with my steak :)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Quinoa. I can make a pie crust out of it, chocolate chip cookies, nuggets, pilaf, soup. I am going to try pizza crust next. Though I already make a a kick *kitten* yellow squash crust.
  • bubblewings
    bubblewings Posts: 1 Member
    Definitely hummus, I tried it for the first time about 2 weeks ago and I'm hooked. Spinach and Artichoke is my absolute fav, but Roasted Garlic is up there too!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Unsweetened shredded coconut? Yum!

I've been pretty obsessed with PB2 since I bought my first jar a few weeks ago. I just bought a second jar, along with a jar of the chocolate PB2, which is just as amazing. I use it in my protein shakes and oatmeal. It's not only fewer calories than peanut butter, and therefore easier to fit into my goals, but it's a lot easier to mix into stuff. I still love real PB, but I'm not going to give up my afternoon snack in order to add a measly tbsp of it to my protein shake and oatmeal. Screw that.
  • amraymond18
    amraymond18 Posts: 28
    Special K cracker chips! Totally satisfy my cravings for salt and junk food, but at only 110 calories for 27 chips! Love them!!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    It's not the healthiest thing, but I love Nesquick less sugar chocolate powder. It works in cold or hot milk, so I mix it in my plain yogurt, oatmeal, smoothies, etc.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    hasselback sweet potatoes