Muscular Quads

2»

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    I am opposite. before lifting/running, I had bulging quads (fat mostly). 2 years later, my quads are smoothed out, and hammies start showing which is to my liking...:) I don't use any machines that target legs, but rather just compound lifting, with heavy dumbbells, and I do run quite a lot too.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    by the way, my :flowerforyou: to the OP, that's some solid progress in those pictures. Good work~
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    I have no suggestion for you, as I like my larger thighs, but I am going to say damn, that's some awesome progress!!!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Just wanted to add that women are very often quad dominant--quads are much stronger than the hamstrings, which can leave you vulnerable to knee and surrounding ligament injuries.

If they're not already incorporated into your workouts--single leg deadlifts, hip bridges, hamstring curls and single leg squats are all great exercises to work your hamstrings.

GREAT point! And FYI, doing the elliptical backwards does actually work the quads more than the hammies. :)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    For your quads to 'stick out' you have to be a fairly low body fat, or a fair amount of muscle mass. Your legs are fairly rounded, so you're not anywhere close to seeing defined shapes jutting out of there yet...You seem to carry fat in your legs (no offence, they look great), so I wouldn't worry about it for a long time yet. Looking at your legs, I don't see the same situation happening. Not without a whole lot of bulking and dieting and trying. Case closed.

^ Very much this.
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    Bump for responses.