Long Hair... Don't care

Replies

• dhbmesa
    dhbmesa Posts: 1
    Women seem to cut their hair short for themselves (just to do something different, make a statement about something, or because they are sick of managing it) and not really to appeal to the opposite sex.

Haha, this is exactly what my husband says. He politely asked me before we got married not to chop off all my pretty hair right after the wedding like many do. I obliged because I don't care either way, but I just wish my hair was thicker!
  • Me before with shoulder length hair:

4a257e75-e7a0-4134-a7e8-7a0d369f0d4b_zpsdabd4408.jpg

Me now with pixie cut (super short):

51896525-f224-4db7-8b8f-93cd6dd7a65d_zps354588c2.jpg

I love my short hair!

That pixie is SO flattering!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Not a deal breaker, but I have a thing for a girl that can pull off short hair. rawrz n stuff.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    I'm 41. I look 20years older with short hair, I get compliments every day on my waist length hair, I think older ladies with great condition hair look fab, and when I'm really old and wrinkly I can swish up what will be my grey locks into a sophisticated French pleat or a single French plat.
  • Can't donate. It's not "virgin" hair.

You can check with Pantene. They have a donation program, but they are not as strict as others on what they accept.

I didn't read other posts, so sorry if that's already been suggested.

I couldn't remember WHO would take it, but I knew somebody out there had a donation program for very well cared for, gently bleached hair. Thanks for mentioning Pantene!
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    My hair is all the way to my knees. I mostly keep it up in this twizty bun thing so no one ever notices. I have been wanting it cut back up to about my waist line (the shortest I will EVER go) and letting it come back on its own again. I do know id love to get it dyed(its always dyed black, naturally dark brown. But I want it black with red bangs and red underneath....) and styled a little when its cut. Its alll one length and always has been. I haven't had bangs since I was like 14 and even then my were past my chin. Another 23 pounds and that will be a mini goal reward(50 pounds down)!
  • rayofsunshine2368
    rayofsunshine2368 Posts: 108 Member
    shinny and bald makes you look younger hehe
  • rayofsunshine2368
    rayofsunshine2368 Posts: 108 Member
    I have the best of both. I shave underneath my hair and I can either wear my hair long and you would never know or short with my hair braided up.
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    I had a short, purple bob back when I was a teenager, (between 14-18). I remember my mother tried her best to persuade me not to cut my long hair, (she had no problem with the dyeing, she's cool like that) but I just had to go and do it. I loved it at the time but looking back at the pictures I really didn't suit it, I just don't have the face for short and/or dark hair.
    And so that's my point, I find short hair attractive, and unnaturally coloured-hair, and long hair, and fuzzy hair, etc... It just depends on the person, different people suit different hairstyles. I have very little preference. My hair's back down to my bum now, and I am never going cut or dye it ever again! I like it long and unruly, makes me feel like a pagan tribes-person, and I like feeling like a pagan tribes-person. :glasses:
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I don't like it shorter as personally I don't think really short hair is feminine looking. I have nothing against people with extremely short hair (I have an Aunt with really short hair) it's just a personal view. The shortest I've ever had it was chin length and I wouldn't go shorter then that. Though see my original post to know why I don't really want to take it that short again!

here's the thing. Feminine has NOTHING to do with what you look like.

It's about how you behave. Bald headed women can be delicate and feminine.

I am pretty sure next to ballarine- this is probabably one of the more "feminie things" you can do with yourself.... and I still rock it with short hair- this is from this weekend- it's been shorter and longer than this- and I am a performer who gets paid to dance- so I'd say looks mean something- and I'm still getting gigs.

Noticed I said PERSONALLY as it's MY opinion. I don't feel feminine with shorter hair. I also feel more feminine when I'm wearing skirts then when I am wearing jeans. Not that I have anything against jeans.
    Though this morning I was glaring at my hair in the mirror and thought I should trim the ends of an inch or two. Not that that would help the breakage through my hair any.
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    I had a very short bob when I was somewhere around my current weight before and I loved it! Easy to wash, easy to style and super cute! But I always figured it wouldn't look good when I was at my heaviest...So my reward for reaching my goal (a little lower than the ticker says) will be cutting my hair short again!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    I have a habit of growing mine out and then cutting it off. Right now it's a couple inches past my shoulders, and I want to see if I can get it longer. However, I have a LOT of issues with breakage, that makes me want to cut it short! However, when I have it above my shoulders, I remember why I don't like it short! One end will curl under and the other side flips out, no matter what I do with it!

Minus the breakage, I do the same thing. My hair is fine and thick, Locks of Love probably makes multiple wigs with my hair alone! :laugh: Fine plus thick plus straight equals a pain in the butt to take care off (it tangles really easily), especially when long. So, I usually grow it out to somewhere around my lower back, then chop it off, so they get a good donation. I actually just got mine cut a couple of weeks ago. It started at about my waist (I know it's time to cut, when the braid still reaches my waist!), and I got it cut up to my jaw line (I wanted shorter, but I couldn't find a style I liked that I didn't have to spend a bunch of time styling every morning). We didn't get an official measure, but I calculated it out to be about two feet that I chopped off.

I like doing it this way, not only because it generates donations, but also because it gives me some variety. After a while, I get tired of short hair, so I let it grow out, then after it's been longer for a while, I start getting sick of it being long and I chop it.
    Women seem to cut their hair short for themselves (just to do something different, make a statement about something, or because they are sick of managing it) and not really to appeal to the opposite sex.

Depends on who you talk to, a lot of guys do like short hair, and a lot of women look a lot sexier with pixies than long hair, but yeah, you're not the one that has to take care of it, so the owner of the hair gets the final say. For what it's worth, though, my husband is generally of the same opinion as you -- he prefers longer hair, and I kept threatening to take the clippers I use for him and our son to my own hair. He found he liked the bob I got, though.
  • Dragonwolf
    I had a short, purple bob back when I was a teenager, (between 14-18). I remember my mother tried her best to persuade me not to cut my long hair, (she had no problem with the dyeing, she's cool like that) but I just had to go and do it. I loved it at the time but looking back at the pictures I really didn't suit it, I just don't have the face for short and/or dark hair.
    And so that's my point, I find short hair attractive, and unnaturally coloured-hair, and long hair, and fuzzy hair, etc... It just depends on the person, different people suit different hairstyles. I have very little preference. My hair's back down to my bum now, and I am never going cut or dye it ever again! I like it long and unruly, makes me feel like a pagan tribes-person, and I like feeling like a pagan tribes-person. :glasses:

I did the crop and crazy dye thing, too, though I went with blue (it was pretty cool, too, it was a semi-permanent dye, so it went from blue to green and finally to the bleached blonde underneath). My mom and dad don't live together (they're friends, but things just didn't work out for them to be more than that), and I dyed it when I stayed with him for a while. He was so freaked about what my mom would think. She just laughed at that, because she was cool with it (her take is that it's just hair, it'll grow out).

As for the pagan tribes-person, I think you'd like this hairdo I found - http://www.ukhairdressers.com/style/index2.asp?r1=8051&gender=female
  • Dragonwolf
    Women look boyish with short hair. Grow it down to your butt.

843b872bda67485280f81a8837443169.jpg

1. I think she looks less like a teenager and more sexy with the shorter hair.

2. It's not short hair, in and of itself, that makes a face look "boyish." It's a matter of getting the right cut and style for your face. The same can happen with longer hair, too (where the style is unflattering to the person), but short hair is less forgiving on that front (the same also goes for guys with long hair -- the wrong cut/style makes a guy look like a girl or a bum, while the right one makes him look sexy as hell). Like JoRocka said, you need a good stylist that does well cutting short styles and can tailor a cut to your facial structure.

3. The day you take care of my hair (washing it, brushing it, styling it, the whole nine yards), is the day you can dictate how long I keep it. kthx
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    To me, any girl can pull off long hair, but it takes a special kind of lady to pull of short hair. When it is done right, it is sexy as hell. The problem is, too many woman try to pull off short hair when they shouldn't. That's just my personal opinion though, and I really think people should do what makes them happy.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    I cut off all my hair (regardless of my weight .. see pics) and I received a ton of compliments. Short hair is stylish, fun, flirty, etc. I think to pull of long hair it must be healthy, thick, and shiny....everyone tells me never to go back to my long hair. Just go for it. Get a great stylist and get a "fun" style!
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    I've had it well past my waist, chin length, a mowhawk, and every length in between. It's never correlated to my weight either. It's just hair and I sometimes just randomly decide I want something different.
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Me before with shoulder length hair:

4a257e75-e7a0-4134-a7e8-7a0d369f0d4b_zpsdabd4408.jpg

Me now with pixie cut (super short):

51896525-f224-4db7-8b8f-93cd6dd7a65d_zps354588c2.jpg

I love my short hair!

You look amazing!! Love it!
  • lkeverett1
    lkeverett1 Posts: 34 Member
    I have had my hair super long and super short. I prefer it about to the top of my shoulders, I think that is the best for my facial features. I think long hair sometimes drags a person's appearance down and makes them look older. Shorter hair just seems to revive your face. Just do it, you might love it and if you don't it will always grow back.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I have a habit of growing mine out and then cutting it off. Right now it's a couple inches past my shoulders, and I want to see if I can get it longer. However, I have a LOT of issues with breakage, that makes me want to cut it short! However, when I have it above my shoulders, I remember why I don't like it short! One end will curl under and the other side flips out, no matter what I do with it!

Minus the breakage, I do the same thing. My hair is fine and thick, Locks of Love probably makes multiple wigs with my hair alone! :laugh: Fine plus thick plus straight equals a pain in the butt to take care off (it tangles really easily), especially when long. So, I usually grow it out to somewhere around my lower back, then chop it off, so they get a good donation. I actually just got mine cut a couple of weeks ago. It started at about my waist (I know it's time to cut, when the braid still reaches my waist!), and I got it cut up to my jaw line (I wanted shorter, but I couldn't find a style I liked that I didn't have to spend a bunch of time styling every morning). We didn't get an official measure, but I calculated it out to be about two feet that I chopped off.

I like doing it this way, not only because it generates donations, but also because it gives me some variety. After a while, I get tired of short hair, so I let it grow out, then after it's been longer for a while, I start getting sick of it being long and I chop it.

I also have fine hair; however mine is also thin. I don't think they would be able to use my hair. (Plus I do color it. There has been this other color starting to show up that at 34 I am way to young to have!)