Questions to LADIES ONLY please

13»

Replies

• spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    black workout pants and suck it up buttercup :)
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    I am sorry if this is a repost, I usually reply to topics and created one of my own now.

No need to apologize. So many questions here are similar to other questions asked in the past. People don't need to post in a thread if they find it a repetition of some other thread. It's not like this place lacks threads where people can post.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    I only miss a training session if flow is very heavy and Ive been up and down all night because of it! I do perform less well just before and for the first couple of days though.
  • tl_dr
    tl_dr Posts: 96
    Well, I'm lucky enough that I don't have one anymore, but back when I did there were a few things that helped!

Coffee or midol to compensate for the lack of energy.
    I tried to keep my workouts indoors if it was hot outside so I wouldn't feel even MORE icky...
    Midol or tylenol if I was all crampy.
    And the real life-saver: a silicone menstrual cup (I use diva cup brand). Holy smokin cow I can't even tell you how much cleaner I feel when I wear one. Aside from the cramps, I can barely even tell I'm on my cycle. :indifferent:
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    I make sure to exercise but yeah I can't give it my usual gusto. My main reason for making sure is I tend to eat more than I normally would, because I have the will power of a five year old being offered sweets on my period.
  • heatherutopia
    heatherutopia Posts: 78 Member
    I just do it, it may be a slower workout, and I may be burning up after 2 minutes, but I feel so good afterwards - totally worth it :)
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Hi ladies!

I was wondering how many of you exercise at that time of the month, I find myself skipping more days than I would like (not because of cramps though), what about you? Any tips?

If you're skipping, and not from cramps, are you having monsoons? you know, the whole galoshes and raincoat, wading through the flood from hell routine once a month? Never safe to leave the house because you might have another tsunami?

because that can be regulated if you go see your doc. You might have fibroids or something. :)

otherwise nothing medically is actually taking place within your womb during your period - you're just shedding an already created layer of cushioning blood in your uterus. nothing is actually happening in there for you to upset, so it's good to go for it.

by the way cramps are often clots. exercise often helps that.
  • dashaclaire
    dashaclaire Posts: 127 Member
    My time is a diet and exercise minefield for me. In the past the only exercise I've done is diving into a bag of donuts but you ladies are hardcore and inspiring just what I needed to read a few days before mine starts... Thank you!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    The time of the month isn't nearly as bad as the week preceding it. Usually during "shark week," I feel like a warrior woman out on my runs... but the week before, I just don't have the energy. But I still make myself put on my running shoes and get out the door because it will make me feel more energized than if I just laze around. I just might skip the ab workout if my cramps are exceptionally horrendous ;)
  • Kakibot
    Kakibot Posts: 29 Member
    I keep reading how 'exercise will fill you with endorphines, making the pain go away!' .... erm... no?

I often go to the gym even during the worst days but I wouldn't do anything else, e.g. I wouldn't make myself go running outside or for a looong walk, and I think I definitely couldn't do something like Pilates during the bad first two days.

I need my workout to be really 'under control', as I also have some trouble with atypically heavy periods so I kinda.. can't get into weird positions... .D just sticking to the treadmill and stairmaster!
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Funny thing...I started Shark Week this morning. Got so bloated I look like I'm 3 months pregnant. Did my workout anyways. Actually did a harder one than normal. Reason:

Before I started working out regularily I would get cramps so bad that I have been hospitalized for them. They did the whole surgery to find out why thing, no luck. Since I started exercising the only clue I have that I'm doing Shark Week is chocolate cravings and the actual flow (which is still extremely heavy). But Viola! No cramps. And the more I exercise the more chocolate I can splurge on, :love:
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    I work out MORE my time.

It helps me feel better, less bloated, elimanate cramps, and I know these things. Plus I feel like I want the scale to go down even though I'm holding water.