What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Now that my husband's Dr. refuses to do his hip replacement until he looses 25 lbs, I finally have a gym buddy. He's even listening to me when I make suggestions on what he should and should not eat. We had a very nice chicken, broccoli and carrot with a little shredded cheddar cheese dinner last night. He actually liked it. Now if I can just get him to switch from drinking soda to water. So my NSV is being able to help my husband with his life-style change.

I am very happy for your NSV, but need some education. Earlier this year I had two hip replacements and I know at that time my weight was pushing 300 lbs. However, that was never in any conversation as a condition of either surgery! It might have come up as an off-shoot of them as a way to enhance their success post-op, which I have managed to do so far 🤞, but again I don't remember surgeon talking about it. Help me understand surgeon's refusal, a weight threshold even higher than mine was? Wishing your husband and you well moving ahead!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,262 Member
    I noticed a few stores have new “guaranteed liberty sizing” which is awesome! You buy the size you are now and they guarantee free replacements when you go down in size with your new sizes for a whole year. You can exchange throughout the year a few times. This is such an awesome idea for those who are losing weight!
    WHAAAAATT?!! That's fantastic! I love that!
  • martianspuds
    martianspuds Posts: 93 Member
    Earlier this year I had two hip replacements

May I DM you with a few questions about this?
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Now that my husband's Dr. refuses to do his hip replacement until he looses 25 lbs, I finally have a gym buddy. He's even listening to me when I make suggestions on what he should and should not eat. We had a very nice chicken, broccoli and carrot with a little shredded cheddar cheese dinner last night. He actually liked it. Now if I can just get him to switch from drinking soda to water. So my NSV is being able to help my husband with his life-style change.

I am very happy for your NSV, but need some education. Earlier this year I had two hip replacements and I know at that time my weight was pushing 300 lbs. However, that was never in any conversation as a condition of either surgery! It might have come up as an off-shoot of them as a way to enhance their success post-op, which I have managed to do so far 🤞, but again I don't remember surgeon talking about it. Help me understand surgeon's refusal, a weight threshold even higher than mine was? Wishing your husband and you well moving ahead!

When I had mine, there was discussion about it. Especially if you have sleep apnea, anesthesia can be difficult and risky. The risk of infections, pneumonia, and blood clots go up with higher weight. I had mine at over 260lbs (at age 35) three years ago. My doctor says I'm the "poster child for hip replacements," but is EXTREMELY happy that I've trimmed down, as it will help the joint last longer.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Earlier this year I had two hip replacements

May I DM you with a few questions about this?

Go ahead. I will do my best to give honest accurate answers.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!