What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    @IAmTheGlue Awesome NSV! I feel a little left hanging, though, lol. I was expecting your NSV to be your now swollen ankles are smaller in diameter than your previous ankle measurement, sans swelling.
  • sugarfreesquirrel
    sugarfreesquirrel Posts: 268 Member
    Did anyone lose weight in their ears? I have really fat ear lobes and can't wear certain styles of earrings...?

I did! Or I lost the fat from behind my ears, maybe? Anyway, I notice that my earlobes seem to hang rather than being pushed out at an angle. And at my highest, I always had problems with altitude changes affecting my inner ear. I *had* to wear ear plugs on planes or I would suffer. Now I don't have issues.

Thanks, that's interesting!
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member

Nice! I just bought a new winter ski jacket last winter, and it had a bit of extra room for a sweater underneath. I put it on today and realized it was extra big now, and I felt like I was a marshmallow. I am annoyed, because I only got a chance to wear it a few times, as it was bought late in the season and on clearance. Not sure if I should take it in, sell it on consignment, donate it, or wear it as is until I find something smaller--but then again, I will have the same problem in a couple of months as this one. I so seldom buy clothes, because I buy them to last me a few years.

It's an interesting dilemma to have :-)

Well no one will know you brought it on sale. I would try to sell it and then put the money towards a new smaller coat. Who knows maybe you will be lucky and someone will also be selling a coat they’ve hardly worn and sized out of
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,162 Member
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    I'm gonna buy this new winter coat that I love and no way could have fit into 9 months ago when I started my journey.

Nice! I just bought a new winter ski jacket last winter, and it had a bit of extra room for a sweater underneath. I put it on today and realized it was extra big now, and I felt like I was a marshmallow. I am annoyed, because I only got a chance to wear it a few times, as it was bought late in the season and on clearance. Not sure if I should take it in, sell it on consignment, donate it, or wear it as is until I find something smaller--but then again, I will have the same problem in a couple of months as this one. I so seldom buy clothes, because I buy them to last me a few years.

It's an interesting dilemma to have :-)

Congratulations on graduating to a new size class!

Some people find that they are colder after weight loss. Before you get rid of your new coat, see if maybe you'll actually want to use some of that extra space for another layer or two. Even more than the sweater. Depending how cold it is. Or if it's REALLY too big, get it to someone who can use it.

I bought some nice clothes right before I started to successfully lose weight a few years ago. It was for a life event for someone in my family. I usually don't wear dress-up clothes. All my old ones were way too tight, and of course "out of fashion." I mean, who wears pants with pleats? I digress.

I got a nice pair of slacks and a couple dress shirts. I had the slacks altered to fit right. I wore them to the event. That was fine.

I had another life event a couple years later. I tried on the brand new clothes. I looked like a schlub. So sad. They were worn for one weekend. I might get the slack altered again if it won't make them look goofy. The shirt - well, I'm not in to baggy clothes, but I can wear it if I really need. But it's really too big. I was fortunate to find a nice pair of slacks that fit at a second-hand store. For fun, I tried on my old slacks, and while they fit, they really are out of style. I'm not that stylish, but this was a special event.
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    BartBVanBockstaele Posts: 623 Member
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    I've had to strategically buy clothes over the past few months. I've lost 122 but I still have 35 to go, so I've been buying just enough clothes to keep me going till my goal
    That is what I am doing as well. I had the intention of keeping everything until the final weight dropped, but there comes a time it is no longer practically possible, so I recently bought four medium sweaters. They are just a tiny little bit too small but they are nevertheless very comfortable, so they should be able to accompany me on my "final journey". Shoes are harder. My current ones are starting to slip off a bit too easily, but I am still intent on wearing them until the final stage has been reached. I am just wondering if it will be possible without risking breaking my extremities ^_^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!