teen navel piercings?

2»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    My daughter (16) has "spider bites" on her lip. She is chubby, so a navel piercing is not on her to-do list. But if she asked, and she paid for it with money she earned, then I would let her have it done. I think at 16, a kid is old enough to make their own decisions about piercings.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    I took my daughter when she turned 16. I also took her best friend (with the girls' mother's permission) at the same time.

Neither of these girls is trashy. I vaccilated as to whether I liked the idea or not, but if they tire of it, the hole will not be visible. Both girls are 20 now. thet're still not trashy.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    I had mine pierced when I was 17 after a very heated debate with my dad. I grew up in Florida, and had plenty of opportunity to show it off. I was paying for it with my own money and my mom was willing to sign for it. He agreed after a lot of yelling between the 2 of us. I went and had it pierced, then took it out when I was pregnant with my daughter. I didn't know back then that they had bars I could wear while pregnant. I would have never taken it out otherwise. I loved it!

That being said, should my daughter come to me asking if she could have one when she is 14, my answer would be no. When she is a little older, I would still be leery, but I wouldn't stop her. As others have said, there are sexual connotations even if we don't agree that there should be,