How to start yoga without taking classes?

2»

Replies

• JJplus6
    JJplus6 Posts: 11 Member
    I wanna turn yoga into a lifestyle. I tried it a couple of times before and I really liked it but now, I dont have the time to go to classes. Can anybody please help me? Feel free to add me :) have a nice day :flowerforyou:

I've been doing a yoga DVD that says it's for weight loss -- search Amazon for Rodney Lee + Mariel Hemingway + 15 minute results. It includes four 15-minute sessions. The first couple times I did this workout, I had to keep watching them a lot, and I know I wasn't doing the poses 100% correctly. But they use a lot of the same poses in various rotations, so now that I know the routine, I can focus more on maximizing what I'm getting out of each pose. They also throw in some unconventional moves (like some arm-swinging that seems silly at first) but the more I do them, I can feel their purpose and believe it adds to the calorie-burning part of the workout.

I started by doing the "whole body" session, then have worked on adding more to each workout. I'm up to 45 min. (3 sessions) now. I definitely sweat and breathe heavily by the end. But at the same time, I always end the workout feeling refreshed and centered. Just be sure to do the relaxation poses.

There are lots of yoga DVDs out there, and if you have cable/dish, you can probably get some workouts On Demand. I've also heard good things about Seane Corn and was thinking about buying one of her DVDs next. I even found free On Demand kids' yoga for my preschoolers, which is a lot of fun, but not so calorie-burning. :)

Hope that helps a little!