DO YOU EAT WHAT YOU WANT EVERY DAY?

Replies

• mediamogulsteve
    mediamogulsteve Posts: 115 Member
    I eat what I want... just not as much as I used to.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Every day I eat things that I enjoy and I never consume things that I do not enjoy.

However, there are also plenty of days that I WANT to eat a certain food in a certain quantity but I DON'T because it's not a good fit in my available calorie/macronutrient goals.

This would be pretty much my answer.

I enjoy what I eat. I make room for treats. But I don't give myself carte blanche to eat everything I want because that's how I got fat in the first place.
  • jess17587
    jess17587 Posts: 153
    98% i don't eat what i want and it makes me a bit miserable/unhappy i mean i know the world doesn't revolve around food but it does take up a big part...
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    When people think of dieting they think of no sweets, no sugar, and no treats. But, I think you should be able to eat what you enjoy everyday (in moderation of course). Do you agree? Can you still lose weight this way as long as you stay at your calorie goal? What things are you eating everyday as a treat? Or something you incorporate into your diet that may not be "healthy"?
    [/quote

I eat what I want as long as it's in my cal goal, and I have chocolate every day. There's no need to "give up" ANYTHING.]
  • judybtwo
    judybtwo Posts: 3 Member
    I eat ALMOST what I want each day. I still avoid cake, pie, puddings etc, but LOVE my Smartees... just 25 calories a roll. I have so far lost 20 pounds. :happy:
  • BillyJan1992
    BillyJan1992 Posts: 171 Member
    sometimes I do but it all just depends on my mood. sometimes I feel like eating and some days I feel like I can go a day or 2 without eating. but the only time I don't eat is when I am upset or depressed about something
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    I want FLUFF!!!... Alas, I cannot buy it... I eat it by the spoonful and will empty a container in a matter of 2 or 3 days... :/ ... I really dont miss sweets that much... I am almost always baking some kind of decadent treat and never have the urge to try it... I always give it away, lol...
  • chezza189
    chezza189 Posts: 25 Member
    Yes and no, my reply is similar to others here. If I ate what I wanted everyday I would have diabetes, no teeth and I would be obese.
    I eat what makes me feel happy, if eating a bowl of porridge means I will feel fuller and more energetic at work (but not taste great) then yeah I will. I also have a planned treat each week within reason.

I do eat what I want, but within my dietary limits. Well being and happiness are more important than food taste for me.
  • jimwon953
    jimwon953 Posts: 20 Member
    No. If you're dieting it means you should just stop eating sweets and having treats and just eat healthy low cal food. After you have finished dieting, you should carry on with that diet and just eat more of the healthy stuff.

Because seriously, let's all just stop stuffing our faces with chocolate and donuts shall we?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    No. If you're dieting it means you should just stop eating sweets and having treats and just eat healthy low cal food. After you have finished dieting, you should carry on with that diet and just eat more of the healthy stuff.

Because seriously, let's all just stop stuffing our faces with chocolate and donuts shall we?

That may be what it means for you, but that is not what it means for most of us. We'd rather be successful losing weight without cutting out things we enjoy entirely.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Brownie with 2 Oreos & Peanut Butter In The Center

64830_10152730165045230_1913703337_n.jpg

Do I want to eat these every day? YES!!

Do I? ... no :frown:

I want it. I want it NOW!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

No.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    I eat everything I want everyday within my calorie goal.
    That being said, I don't eat fried foods.
    I eat lots of veggies cause I love em!
    I eat poultry, fish and beef on occasion.
    I eat chocolate quite frequently.
    I have reached my weight goal + or - a couple of pounds.
    I love MFP cause I CAN eat whatever I love and still lose by cutting some calories!

^This....besides the chocolate only because I just don't really crave it! Sometimes but rarely.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member

No.

Double no. This approach is bound to make you fail.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Instead of eating what I want everyday, I try to focus on eating the things my body need. I do not restrict myself, but when I focus on eating for my health, the other stuff just doesn't seem worth it to me most days. Besides, I've eaten enough junk food on a daily basis to last a lifetime. That's what got me here in the first place. :laugh:
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Eating what I want is how I got here.

Exactly.

A lot of people here are saying, "Why of course I eat what I want. I just control how much I eat."

To me, that's not eating "what you want."

What I want to eat is half the medium Papa John's The Works pizza.

You can't talk about "eating what you want" and exclude quantity from the conversation.

When I'm on a diet, I never get to eat "what I want". If I did, I would gain weight.
  • Katterin227
    Katterin227 Posts: 105 Member
    Mine is Dr. Pepper to drink - 150 calories with no redeeming nutritional value whatsoever, but I have one (or more, sadly) pretty much every day. My current goal is 1660 and I usually add a couple hundred to that because I have it set to sedentary but use a fitbit to track my actual activity, so I get extra. So, I have some room to work with.

It does make it harder to stay under my carb goal, though. I'm always looking for more high-protein options to balance it out.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

Exactly.

A lot of people here are saying, "Why of course I eat what I want. I just control how much I eat."

You can't talk about "eating what you want" and exclude quantity from the conversation.

When I'm on a diet, I never get to eat "what I want". If I did, I would gain weight.

Not necessarily. I no longer want to eat the whole pizza. I am good with just a few slices. I have had plenty of times where I tried to gorge and no longer want to/can't. Everyone is different. *shrug* :ohwell:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member

Exactly.

When you are on a diet....

So do you gain all the weight back when you come off the diet? Or do you plan to stay on a diet your whole life?
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    You can change the foods you crave.

It's possible to crave and love eating something healthy.