What is your goal BF%?

12346»

Replies

• Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    My goal was 17%, but I overshot and got to 15.9%. I'm debating heading back up to 20ish now. That's just a healthier looking weight for me at 45 yo. (And C's are nice, but DDs are nicer. I miss them. :tongue: )
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Currently 11%ish (dexa in a few weeks), around 6% by Sep/Oct (or whatever % that is that looks good) (Lowest I've been in the past is 7% by dexa scan)

Reason: doing first bodybuilding comp
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    I'm around 34% now, but would love to be around 25%. I'm older, and older women have more body fat. The pictures that were posted as one of the first replies were very helpful in figuring out where I should be. I have seen a thread where there are women who want to be around 15%, but I think they must be elite athletes or bodybuilders.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Currently 11%ish (dexa in a few weeks), around 6% by Sep/Oct (or whatever % that is that looks good) (Lowest I've been in the past is 7% by dexa scan)

good luck brother, wish you all the best.

I am just doing it to see if I can, cause the last time I was this lean I was in my late teens, early 20s
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member

good luck brother, wish you all the best.

I am just doing it to see if I can, cause the last time I was this lean I was in my late teens, early 20s

Thanks mate.

I'll pm you to not clutter up thread :smile:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Ps. I wanted to show people what 25% body fat looks like on my frame. Just proof that those "body fat by pictures" things are not particularly informative.

r2tcvoMl.jpg

I think you used an inaccurate method to say you are 25%. I looked looked like this around 19% bf.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Ps. I wanted to show people what 25% body fat looks like on my frame. Just proof that those "body fat by pictures" things are not particularly informative.

r2tcvoMl.jpg

Looks similar to the picture to me. healthy, and fit but not a lot of muscle definition.

I think it also depends how much muscle you have to show. Check the comparison pics out:

http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages
  • CorvusCorax77
    I started at well over 30% bf. Got down to 19% (hydro test).... Felt like I didnt look how I wanted but didn't want to weigh any less so started weight training. Currently around 22% bf. My goal is to get between 16 -19% bf without losing any of my gains... So a LBM over 112lbs.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member

r2tcvoMl.jpg

Looks similar to the picture to me. healthy, and fit but not a lot of muscle definition.

Agreed. She looks very similar to pictures of women who are around 25%; slim but not cut. That's a really nice bodyfat % for most women. Also she didn't even post pictures of her lower body, and you also have no idea how much visceral fat she's carrying.

I'm glad she posted this, to clear up some of the misnomers about what that percentage can look like on certain people.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member

r2tcvoMl.jpg

Agreed. She looks very similar to pictures of women who are around 25%; slim but not cut. That's a really nice bodyfat % for most women. Also she didn't even post pictures of her lower body, and you also have no idea how much visceral fat she's carrying.

I'm glad she posted this, to clear up some of the misnomers about what that percentage can look like on certain people.

Essentially this is what 25ish% BF% looks like on someone that does not carry a lot of lean muscle (no offense, just an observation) with a higher LBM 25% BF% would look totally different.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member

r2tcvoMl.jpg

Essentially this is what 25ish% BF% looks like on someone that does not carry a lot of lean muscle (no offense, just an observation) with a higher LBM 25% BF% would look totally different.

I don't think you guys are right about this. She's an amateur athlete -- a near-Olympic level rower. I don't think she's lacking in muscle. And, to me, this looks a lot lower than 25% -- much more akin to the pictures in the 20-22% level.