Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    This guy, right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_a7K_StPtzL5jPg7XpyjnfVT9krgL59TX5gEHMOhUEcXsAHpZ

Hot.
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If you're just looking to hit your protein macros, you may want to consider a blended protein. Whey protein is very quick to be digested and absorbed. This makes it an ideal protein source after a workout to help recover and give your body the building blocks (amino acids) to create new muscle tissue. And, no, this will not make you bulky because you are a woman.

If you're just looking for a protein supplement for any time of day, go with a blend. ( I love, Love, LOVE Protogen from bodybuilding.com - by far the best tasting protein I've ever tried... and I've tried a bunch. And, no, this will not make you bulky because it's from bb.com) Blends have a mixture of fast and slow digesting proteins. These will help you meet your protein goals plus supply a steady stream of amino acids to your muscles and keep you full for longer. If staying full/satisfied is a struggle for you, I'd recommend combining your protein shake with a snack that is high in fiber. The combination of protein and fiber is my golden ticket for feeling full!
  • kirstenflood
    kirstenflood Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i just wish someone would give me a straight answer instead of telling me what taste good etc is 70g of protein per pint of water one or 2 servings?

I'm sorry but that is the most confusing label I have seen.

"Serving size" doesn't matter, it is simply how they list it on their label. Most "serving sizes" on labels aren't even close to what someone would actually eat as an actual serving.

As I said earlier - I consider one scoop, around 20-25 grams of protein, a serving size based on my needs. But it appears the label you posted considers 2 scoops (70 grams in total) one serving.
    It also has "daily serving" listed which appears to be 133 grams, which would be about twice that. That paired with the fact that they suggest 2 servings a day I would say that -
    A serving is two scoops, or 70 grams of powder.
    A daily serving is 4 scoops, or 133 grams of powder.

firstly thank you for answering my question,looking at the table 70g is 70g protein not 70g powder?!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    i just wish someone would give me a straight answer instead of telling me what taste good etc is 70g of protein per pint of water one or 2 servings?

I'm sorry but that is the most confusing label I have seen.

"Serving size" doesn't matter, it is simply how they list it on their label. Most "serving sizes" on labels aren't even close to what someone would actually eat as an actual serving.

As I said earlier - I consider one scoop, around 20-25 grams of protein, a serving size based on my needs. But it appears the label you posted considers 2 scoops (70 grams in total) one serving.
    It also has "daily serving" listed which appears to be 133 grams, which would be about twice that. That paired with the fact that they suggest 2 servings a day I would say that -
    A serving is two scoops, or 70 grams of powder.
    A daily serving is 4 scoops, or 133 grams of powder.

firstly thank you for answering my question,looking at the table 70g is 70g protein not 70g powder?!

Honestly I have no idea. I've looked at the label forever and cannot figure it out. 100g is listed, then 133 grams as a daily serving but it is less calories than the 100 grams.

Like I said, most confusing label I've seen. I got nothing.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    39b6a201d8808d5a9ce084e1bb3bc4fa6b0bfecaefc8d941b37dc23fb4e10b88.jpg
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    39b6a201d8808d5a9ce084e1bb3bc4fa6b0bfecaefc8d941b37dc23fb4e10b88.jpg

?
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Alan Aragon? seriously? hahahaaa!

Ask Sidesteel.

What's so hahahaaa about Alan Aragon?

What are we asking Sidesteel? What he thinks about Alan Aragon? I'm pretty sure I already know his answer.

That they are asking who he is. He's a friend of mine. :smile:
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Out of the office Re: Wendy‏

Alan Aragon 5/15/14
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So Alan believes that creatine is...what? What exactly does "no longer in the picture" even mean?

Also, has anyone else ever set an out-of-office message only for specific email authors?

I have. It's very effective.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    This guy, right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_a7K_StPtzL5jPg7XpyjnfVT9krgL59TX5gEHMOhUEcXsAHpZ

Hot.

Too small to determine hotness.

-1 for presentation.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for your input , i just linked whey protein with body building or something maybe ignorant of me. i am struggling to hit my protein goals, so maybe this is the answer but i dont like milk , can i take it with water?

Yes but it will taste terrrrrrrible in my opinion. Maybe try almond or coconut milk or a blend of those even.

The supplements I use tend to really thicken in almond and coconut milk for some reason. Like, moreso than with dairy milk. I don't know if it has to do with how the xanthan gum reacts with the fats or what. It doesn't taste bad, but it ends up kind of syrupy. I recommend doing a half water, half milk mix if you go the non-dairy milk route. (YMMV, of course.)
    right ive looked up a few powders mentioned on here, what type do you girls who drink it drink? i dont want one with aloada sugar or a stimulant in it just pure protein powder?

Stimulants? What the hell protein powders are you looking at?

From what I've seen, most don't have sugar in them, even the ones that aren't pure protein. Most of the target audience for protein supplements don't want sugar in their protein shake.

That said, I'm partial to Jay Robb whey protein powders. They mix easily, and the chocolate, at least, tastes really good (especially in milk). It's sweetened with stevia and doesn't have a lot of crap in it that some other powders have. It also uses sunflower lecithin for its emulsifier, instead of soy lecithin (for those that need/want to avoid soy).
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Why do women always think they'll get bulky if they eat protein or lift proper weights? It's a big enough challenge for men to get bulky when using the two and we've got Testosterone to help us along they way! Women have got no chance!

^^THIS. I lost count of how many times I've heard that I'll get bulky from lifting heavy. It ain't ever gonna happen unless I do some rather drastic stuff. I guess because muscles mean "not feminine" to some. Whatever.

Then again, I'd love to yell, "NATALIE SMASH!" and have everyone run for cover. A girl can dream...:ohwell:
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options

That would be two servings.