Calorie Counting 101

1343536373840»

Replies

• tthickens637
    tthickens637 Posts: 312 Member
    Tthickens
  • punkykid
    punkykid Posts: 6 Member
    New to fitness pal, it is best to eat all of your calories allowed daily? I don't always use the total and wonder if that is causing me to loose slowly? Please help! Thx

Add more exercise = burn more.
  • iconsueg8614
    iconsueg8614 Posts: 1 Member
    Love this topic. I am going to try and weigh more my liquids and solids
  • bridgetlynn20
    bridgetlynn20 Posts: 2 Member
    The more accurate you you are with logging everything the better the outcomes. I do not give my exercise calories back either. Thinking positive!
    15822 Posts: 269 Member
    It irks me so much when food packaging states calories "as prepared". For example, there was this pack of noodles that stated calories as per cooking instructions (so after adding water and boiling them) and then stated calories per 50 grams cooked, but not how many servings you get out of the packet. What if I prepared it differently or used it as an ingredient in another food?
    Kidney beans and rice double can more than double in size when cooked, so logging the weight before cooking is not the way to go if the database assumed cooked ingredients.
  • Geekdoc3
    Geekdoc3 Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2022
    MD agrees 100%. When I do these things I lose. When I guess, I don't. Like a checking account, but not as easy as dollars and cents! (Or Pounds, Pesos, Yuan...)
  • gibran30
    gibran30 Posts: 30 Member
    so in regards to calorie counting. Can someone shed some light on if a calorie is a calorie is a calorie and does it make a difference. So say Person A eats 1400 calories a day and its mainly all good nutritious food. Then you take Person B who also only eats 1400 calories but they may have had a cookie and a few chips, etc in their calories. Are they each going to lose the same? YEs, i realize each person is different but does what you eat in the calories matter?