How does protein impact weight loss on a LCHF diet

2»

Replies

• SnowFlinga
    SnowFlinga Posts: 124 Member
    OK- are we saying 1gm per kg of LBM or 1gm per kg of body weight? If it's LBM that would only leave me with about 42 gm of protein per day. Clarification anyone?
    1g/kg of LBM. 42gm of protein equates to only 92.6 lbs of LBM. That is quite low for LBM. Do you mind sharing the rest of your stats? How did you determine your body fat percentage?
    I'm only 5"1" weigh around 135. My BF% is somewhere between 28-30%. I have my macros set to 65-30-5 currently.
    Clearly I'm not used to looking at female measurements. ;)

So yes, you've calculated your protein requirement correctly. Note though that these clearly are estimates so I wouldn't fret about going 10g over/under.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    So, do I need to adjust my macros? My current macros allow for 100 gm of protein and 17 gm of carb.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    So, do I need to adjust my macros? My current macros allow for 100 gm of protein and 17 gm of carb.

Keep 1gm/KG of total weight, there are too many variables if you go by LBM. I usually keep it total weight to compensate the slightly higher need for protein under a low carb diet.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    thanks for the input. I think I'll adjust down somewhat and increase the fat some more. Maybe that's why I haven't lost any weight.
  • SnowFlinga
    SnowFlinga Posts: 124 Member
    thanks for the input. I think I'll adjust down somewhat and increase the fat some more. Maybe that's why I haven't lost any weight.
    It's always worth experimenting, but keep do the experiments right. So only change one variable at a time and you really should "test" for at least a week before reaching any conclusions.