Omelette under 300 calories

2»

Replies

• halfpintpeggy
    halfpintpeggy Posts: 64 Member
    Why not try a small, crustless quiche instead on an omelette? There are so many variations & it can be served warm, cold, or room temp.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    You can put anything in it!

I normally use 2 or sometimes 3 eggs.

I chop up lots of mushrooms, and about 3 slices of ham, also some mixed peppers - So yummy!

I always have this with a salad & beetroot - I LOVE tomatoes (But NOT in my omelettes) & beetroot - So any omelette I make always comes with this!

Lots of black pepper too!

,MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I could eat it right now!!!!!!!!!
  • lrob98
    lrob98 Posts: 27 Member
    The eggs I get are more like 75-85 cals. Seems so wasteful to throw away the yolks when a lot of the good nutrition is there.

I can understand that. I usually buy the egg whites separately, since I mainly use them for scrambled eggs or omelettes. I love adding cheese, veggies, and chicken to them. I might buy a half dozen eggs for my baking needs, since that's the only time I really use the whole egg.

But what happens to the unused egg yolks? I did a quick web search, and it appears the unused yolks are pasteurized & sold to companies that produce salad dressing, ice cream, mayo, etc. So there doesn't seem to be much waste there.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    I do a couple large eggs (140cals), some cheese (depends), olives (maybe 20cals), and a slice of turkey (25cals).
  • AnnaChanges
    AnnaChanges Posts: 109 Member
    This should be quite easy to do, here are some of good combinations:

Mushrooms + green onion + light cheese (if you're eating cheese)
    Tomatoes + mushrooms + green onion
    Green onion + light cheese
    Mushrooms + spinach (yeah I know, but really, it's good) + tomatoes
    Fresh herbs (basil, thyme, etc)
    Tomatoes + fresh basil
    Mushrooms + tomatoes + onions + green onion or basil

When I was still eating eggs, I used to love just scrambling them plain and eating with brown rice. Very filling meal.

You could just take a B-12 supplement instead if you're not into eggs. I take one regularly.

wow thank you for giving so many choices :)
  • AnnaChanges
    AnnaChanges Posts: 109 Member
    I do a couple large eggs (140cals), some cheese (depends), olives (maybe 20cals), and a slice of turkey (25cals).

This sounds yummy !!

Thank you all so much :) I will try it each time in a way you suggested thanks