"I knew you'd lose weight and leave me."

Options

Replies

• sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Wish you were my wife. Mine still hasn't lost enough to leave me, and if I walk it's going to cost me bigtime.

How can I motivate her to lose more weight?
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    you-are-literally-too-stupid-to-insult_1171.gif

Winning.
    Not just winning, but also reported. Oh, well.
    :frown:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Winning.

Why?
  • kirstiejess
    kirstiejess Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    He was the same. I was naive and thought this is as good as it gets.

Boy, I was TOTALLY wrong. Life is a dream now

I gotta say....based on this response I am torn. Good for you for getting out of it. Good for you for making the changes you wanted to make. Shame on you for rushing into marriage without thinking fully about what it entailed and who you wanted to be with. Thank goodness there were no kids involved. Some people are not cheerleaders....they are not going to tell you how great and wonderful and beautiful you are. Many try to do it through actions and some do not at all.....but it is still up to both parties involved to determine if it is a good match before getting married.

Oh GTF over yourself.
    This isn't the "Judge my happy moment" thread

WTG girl.

This!!!

Xxx
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

Winning.

Why?
    'No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation'
    Apparently I'm a big bully. Who knew.
  • Macyfiinks
    Macyfiinks Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Way to go! No one should settle for a toxic relationship. It's great that you're healthy and happy now!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Those words came from someone who said, "I'm no longer sexually attracted to you since you've gained weight."
    Those words came from someone who never told me I was beautiful.
    Those words came from someone who never thanked me and took all for granted.
    Those words came from someone who NEVER cheered me on during my weightloss journey.
    Those words came from my, now ex, husband.

When I was at my lowest weight and begging for his attention, I left him.
    I left him then I bloomed into something gorgeous and vibrant.
    I've never felt so beautiful, happy, sexy, free....

Now I'm with someone who becomes noticeably speechless when I try on a new dress.
    I'm constantly told that I'm beautiful.
    I'm constantly wanted.
    Now I'm with someone who believes entirely in me.

Get the toxins out. Sometimes it's easier said than done.
    This has been my motto for relationships:
    If you have the first inkling of doubt, get out.
    Doubt, whatever it may be, but trust your instincts...

...and be free like I am :)

PERFECT
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Winning.

Why?
    'No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation'
    Apparently I'm a big bully. Who knew.

sigh
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am not religious but do have a faith and I was divorced because of the same BS (and yes just swore), had same type husband but more vicious and violent...everyone of my religious friends told me to stay, because I should be the stronger. I did for 9 years and had three beautiful girls. His words to me were, "no-one will ever love you like I do because you so fat and ugly". Those words was what woke me up. That day I was size 26, unhealthy and unhappy. I left him (practically ran away from and took my kids)Fast track to today, I got my life back on track, I am now happily married again, to someone who treats me as his queen regardless of what | look like, I have lost the weight since mainly because I had to rid myself of a toxic relationship. Yes, I too was naiive and bent over backwards for my ex-husband, thinking that I was the problem. I later found out he had been cheating consistently throughout our marriage and that it was his own insecurities that made him that way.

Yes, I believe in divorce not being an easy out but I also don't believe in people being cruel to others.
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When I was at my lowest weight and begging for his attention, I left him.
    I left him then I bloomed into something gorgeous and vibrant.
    I've never felt so beautiful, happy, sexy, free....

So similar to what has just happened to me that it's scary, o.o I'm glad you've realised that you're better than someone's expectations x
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am not religious but do have a faith and I was divorced because of the same BS (and yes just swore), had same type husband but more vicious and violent...everyone of my religious friends told me to stay, because I should be the stronger. I did for 9 years and had three beautiful girls. His words to me were, "no-one will ever love you like I do because you so fat and ugly". Those words was what woke me up. That day I was size 26, unhealthy and unhappy. I left him (practically ran away from and took my kids)Fast track to today, I got my life back on track, I am now happily married again, to someone who treats me as his queen regardless of what | look like, I have lost the weight since mainly because I had to rid myself of a toxic relationship. Yes, I too was naiive and bent over backwards for my ex-husband, thinking that I was the problem. I later found out he had been cheating consistently throughout our marriage and that it was his own insecurities that made him that way.

Yes, I believe in divorce not being an easy out but I also don't believe in people being cruel to others. Good on you for taking the better way out! :wink:
  • hooterklb
    hooterklb Posts: 27
    Options
    Jeez. Is this still going? People are all marriage is good.. and other people are all divorce is bad.. and I'm over here all calories in and calories out! Wth does this have to do with anyone except the OP? If she's happy, be happy for her and go on about your day..
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    OnTheWayToPerfection Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Wow, you're quick. I was being silly, because I can't begin to address the seriousness of the OP's decisions. It's not my life, she will have to live it. But, I've had gay friends, relatives and neighbors, and from that limited anecdotal evidence, those situations are a lot of drama.

Life is what you make it. So is drama.

Hence.... drama.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    there's no man that would make you happy anyway

...because bisexual women don't exist :poof:

What about pansexual? No? I can feel myself disappe.....

:poof:
  • Artionis
    Artionis Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he was always a jerk. When you marry a jerk, he stays a jerk. When you marry a kind, loving, thoughtful man with a depth of character who deeply respects and cherishes you, he doesn't behave like a jerk.
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling I was married to a man who was a jerk never gave me a compliment ever, just insults. I have always been a person to dress up and I remember once he told me when I was wearing fishnets and garters and was slim that I looked like a strung up chicken. I kicked him out after 17 years of marriage could not take his drinking and insults any more best thing I could have done. It has been a struggle being a single parent and not having a lot of money and I get very lonely but better than being with him. I am so proud of you
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    well said

oooooh myyyyyyyyy
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling I was married to a man who was a jerk never gave me a compliment ever, just insults. I have always been a person to dress up and I remember once he told me when I was wearing fishnets and garters and was slim that I looked like a strung up chicken. I kicked him out after 17 years of marriage could not take his drinking and insults any more best thing I could have done. It has been a struggle being a single parent and not having a lot of money and I get very lonely but better than being with him. I am so proud of you

Agreed!!
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    OnTheWayToPerfection Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Agreed!!

Once I wore an outfit to work (and I just so happened to have worn it at our bridal shower previously) and he told me that I looked like I was going to a funeral....
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Wish you were my wife. Mine still hasn't lost enough to leave me, and if I walk it's going to cost me bigtime.

How can I motivate her to lose more weight?

tumblr_mm8n7kwbQx1so450so1_1280.gif