Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

iOS 8 - HealthKit

VinEnzoVinEnzo Posts: 11Member Posts: 11Member
Apple at WWDC just announced iOS 8 and a new app called Health. It will allow people to go to one app to see all their health data in one place. I hope that MyFitnessPal and Fitbit take advantage of this and allow use to store all our data in one place.

Can anyone at MyFitnessPal talk about this new feature.

Replies

• alexoticaalexotica Posts: 24Member Member Posts: 24Member Member
    Mike Lee (CEO of myfitnesspal) commented a bit here:

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/apples-first-step-into-health-tracking-small-but-powerful-20140603-zrvs0.html

Given MFP's track record with partnering with other services, it's no surprise. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.
  • VinEnzoVinEnzo Posts: 11Member Posts: 11Member
    Good news to see MyFitnessPal embracing HealthKit.
  • jilligans73jilligans73 Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    I updated to the ios8 today, and before doing so I had to delete some apps, etc. MFP was one of them, I have since went back and added everything back. Except MFP!!! I can't find it!!!! HELP!!!!
  • davidmcdonagh333davidmcdonagh333 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    it's called Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker now... should be in your purchased list though.

oops... just read Apple pulled a bunch of fitness apps out of the store due to an Apple bug in IOS 8's HealthKit.

May not be able to get it back right now...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a9f0a0dc-3e9b-11e4-adef-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3DbwlpUVJ
  • Mav3rick54Mav3rick54 Posts: 188Member Member Posts: 188Member Member
    didn't type fast enough! :smile:
  • arminder01arminder01 Posts: 2Member Posts: 2Member
    jilligans73, you are correct. Apple has pulled it from the App Store due to issues with HealthKit

http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/17/apple-seemingly-removing-healthkit-compatible-ios-8-apps-from-app-store-due-to-issues/
  • rfsatarrfsatar Posts: 525Member Member Posts: 525Member Member
    Phew - some people who have the phone :-)
    I JUST got mine this evening - I see that there is no immediate integration with MFP yet?

I had my hopes up as there was an MFP update when I was backing up my phone... but I guess wait for a bit?
  • SmokinJoe77SmokinJoe77 Posts: 14Member Member Posts: 14Member Member
    I'm glad I didn't uninstall MFP app before I updated to iOS8. It still works (for now) so I'll keep my fingers crossed for a timely app update.
  • mysmileighsmysmileighs Posts: 103Member, Premium Member Posts: 103Member, Premium Member
    FWIW, if you connect your iDevice to the computer with iTunes installed and download and update from your computer, you don't have to delete anything on your iDevice. I did that with my iPad. It needed 5GB, I had less than 2, and plugging to my computer worked.

:flowerforyou:
  • newmodernistnewmodernist Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    Since I downloaded ios8 MFP no longer tracks my steps. Hope they're working on better integration and we get an update soon.
  • Actually_MikeActually_Mike Posts: 61Member Member Posts: 61Member Member
    FWIW, if you connect your iDevice to the computer with iTunes installed and download and update from your computer, you don't have to delete anything on your iDevice. I did that with my iPad. It needed 5GB, I had less than 2, and plugging to my computer worked.

:flowerforyou:

+1, also if you multiple iDevices like we did, it only has to download once since it's stored in iTunes, cuts time down like crazy!
  • rhearobrhearob Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    I installed iOS 8.0.2 this morning. How soon until MFP has its update back in the iTunes Store?
  • andrewchartrandandrewchartrand Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    I installed iOS 8.0.2 this morning and then downloaded the MFP update about 30 minutes ago. I went to 'Settings' in MFP and set up to share data with HealthKit. Everything appears to be set up correctly between MFP and HealthKit (HealthKit shows MFP as a source and all sharing buttons are turned 'on'), but there is no data being imported into HealthKit from MFP.
  • TrishaKittiTrishaKitti Posts: 2Member Posts: 2Member
    I installed iOS 8.0.2 this morning and then downloaded the MFP update about 30 minutes ago. I went to 'Settings' in MFP and set up to share data with HealthKit. Everything appears to be set up correctly between MFP and HealthKit (HealthKit shows MFP as a source and all sharing buttons are turned 'on'), but there is no data being imported into HealthKit from MFP.

I just checked, and it's not showing as an option under settings?

** Edit: Just got it, but it looks like none of my MFP data is syncing with Health Kit....
  • elitemrpelitemrp Posts: 2Member, Premium Member Posts: 2Member, Premium Member
    Seems like it only syncs newly entered data. I'd really like an option to sync all my historical data.
  • minerva431minerva431 Posts: 2Member Posts: 2Member
    Same experience here, no data. I just added something to MFP, closed all the apps on my phone, reopened the Health app, and still nothing.
  • TrishaKittiTrishaKitti Posts: 2Member Posts: 2Member
    Ugh. That's unfortunate.
  • PathdocjlwPathdocjlw Posts: 2Member, Premium Member Posts: 2Member, Premium Member
    Seeing the same thing here. Data from MFP not going into HealthKit, or at least not being displayed. I have everything enabled in both apps.
  • OttRobOttRob Posts: 15Member Member Posts: 15Member Member
    Add me to the list too. No data (new or old) is being populated in the Health Kit (even though all permissions are enabled).

Hopefully not another rush job by Apple....

(Edit: iPhone 6+, haven't tried my iPhone 5 yet)
  • OttRobOttRob Posts: 15Member Member Posts: 15Member Member
    Ah now it started syncing. As soon as I added a meal it showed up (only that meal though). Perhaps the rest of it takes some time to sync over due to the amount of people using it right now?