Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

iOS 8 - HealthKit

Replies

• RogW333RogW333 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    It's working for me, more or less. I went into the MFP app and changed some serving values and then changed them back, and then the meals showed in HealthKit. Unfortunately, they showed up there twice so it looked like I had taken in twice as many calories etc as I had. There is an option to delete data in HK, so I was able to get rid of the duplicates and now it shows correctly. I don't want to have to do that everytime I edit an entry though. plus it does it for every single category (calories, calcium, carbohydrates, etc), so that's a lot of duplicate data to delete. At least it seems to be an issue only if editing an entry. Adding or deleting one works correctly. But everytime you edit one, it sends a duplicate of the meal over to HK. Seems like a pretty obvious bug.
  • kariganekarigane Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    It's working, but only appears to sync current meals. Please sync our historical data, too. Thank you!
  • mariolopezjrmariolopezjr Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    Can confirm. It only synced the foods I added after I enabled it. Unfortunately it synced them 3 times, so I had to remove a few entries. Of note, I did add three foods to the meal in one action.

Historical syncing would be appreciated! However I imagine it's a more complicated task to do for later release. I went back to the update description and noticed it specifically said this: You can now share meal data with HealthKit-connected apps every time you add food to your diary.
  • Farhan_80Farhan_80 Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
    Has anyone managed to get any workout/exercise calories shared from healthkit to MFP? I can only see the option in healthkit to share workouts with MFP, which I presumed meant meant any form of exercise? I just manually added some active calories but they haven't appeared in MFP? Any ideas?! Thanks and have a nice day.
  • adamrykalaadamrykala Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
    My feeling is that MFP isn't adding active calories to avoid syncing issues with apps it syncs to that do pass the info on - such as Runkeeper
  • kimmckkimmck Posts: 15Member Member Posts: 15Member Member
    I can't even see Healthkit in the App Gallery. What am I doing wrong?
  • petermazpetermaz Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
    Same Here. All set up but not working. :0(
  • petermazpetermaz Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
    They didn't make it very clear or easy to find, after updating the Calorie Tracker app on your phone you go to settings in that app (on the phone not online). Click on "more... " then "settings" then "sharing and privacy" then "Healthkit Sharing".
    AS far as I can tell there are no other apps adding or sharing with health kit and I still can't get it to work.
  • phil6707phil6707 Posts: 525Member Member Posts: 525Member Member
    Microsoft HealthVault is doing that since about 2-3 years already
  • dingel89dingel89 Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    So I have a problem,
    when I say what I eat, myfitnesspal since with Health kit, but every thing 4 times. So if I eat for breakfast 20gr of proteins, health said that i eat 80gr of protein. How can I change that?
  • 47Jacqueline47Jacqueline Posts: 7,076Member Member Posts: 7,076Member Member
    upgrade to 8.0.2
  • kemliskemlis Posts: 17Member Posts: 17Member
    I'm also having the duplicate data issue with MFP and Health. I would assume there's some kind of error with either reading the data from Health or with pushing the data to Health. Either way, it's a really big error, and a one that is keeping me from allowing MFP to put data in Health.
  • ADAKBMADAKBM Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    I was also having problems with double counting. I went back into todays meals and deleted all info, then went to HealthKit and changed settings to have MFP "write" data, but not "read" data, then back into MFP and reentered my meal data. It then showed correctly on HealthKit dashboard. Seems MFP was "reading" it's own data in HealthKit, then "writing" it back into HealthKit?
  • adehardingadeharding Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Mine was working but now yesterday's data has disappeared from Health app
  • eigenselfeigenself Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    I, too, can corroborate HealthKit data problems. However, in my case it isn't a simple doubling of all values. All nutritional data shown in HealthKit seems to be around 3.7x that shown in MFP (protein, saturated fat, carbs, etc.). MFP is the only HealthKit-enabled app on my phone.
  • TRPackman01112013TRPackman01112013 Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    I am having the same problem - it seems like health app is not getting past data, but also seems to "forget" past data. I set it up yesterday, and it started recording yesterday's meals but I looked today after breakfast and everything from yesterday was gone, but today's was there. Also I recorded my run today in Runkeeper which came over to MFP but it did not go into health - however, it appears health is recording my walking/running as if my iPhone is behaving like a pedometer. I have to admit I am very underwhelmed with the launch of HealthKit - very difficult to use, not user friendly. Not apple-like at all.
  • philby303philby303 Posts: 3Member Posts: 3Member
    I had to re-start my phone to get it to work I just wish there was a way to put all my old data ( 18 months ) worth in to the app as well

also another think is and I need to wait to see if Strava will update however wonder if it will duplicate activities when strava uploads to MFP and health kit then starva also upload to health kit then if that ( if you have it set to ) push back to MFP :-/ it is early days I am sure it will all improve
  • adamrykalaadamrykala Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
    I think mfp is not sending activity calories such as recorded by runkeeper to avoid sync issues and so far I think all these issues are more MFP then health kit at the moment. This would become more obvious once other apps come out sync enables and would help to trouble shoot issues.
  • d1wernerd1werner Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Not apple-like at all.

I'm not sure from which side the problems are caused, but it seems that HealthKit and the interface will have a lot of bugs.
    MFP is my only app with connection to Healthkit:

1. MFP entries will be duplicate (or more)
    2. Today morning all data in HealthKit was lost, Restart of iphone brings the data back, but not all of my data (steps & individual data from yesterday were completely lost, partly summary values are available)

Healthkit is not useable in parctice

This is not Apple-like -> as Enduser I would say the software was not fully tested - is this the new Apple world ?

What is happening actually on the test front at Apple ?