Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

iOS 8 - HealthKit

124»

Replies

• bszabo1bszabo1 Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    Active calories (HealthKit) is not the same as dietary calories (MFP).On Healthkit make sure you select to Share dietary calories.
  • genesynthgenesynth Posts: 6Member Posts: 6Member
    I received the following response from MFP with regard to the problems I was encountering:

Derrick wrote:
    OCT 01, 2014 | 11:40AM PDT
    Hello,

Currently no historical data will sync with HealthKit. Our sincerest apologies if you are seeing duplicated calorie information in the Health app as well as data disappearing. We currently have some members reporting that they are seeing their MyFitnessPal meal calorie totals duplicated in the Dietary Calories section of the Health app as well as their previous days information vanishing. We are investigating what could be causing this issue and hope to have it corrected as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you can manually delete duplicated entries through the Health app.
    To delete the duplicated entry:
    -Launch the Health app and tap the Dietary Calories graph on your Health Dashboard
    -Tap "Show All Data"
    -On this list of All Recorded Data, locate the duplicated entry you would like to remove
    -You can delete the entry in one of two ways.
    1. Tap "Edit" in the upper right corner of the screen, then tap the red circle with the minus sign next to the entry you would like deleted, and then tap delete.
    2. Swipe your finger to the left on the entry you would like deleted, then tap "delete"

We hope to have a fix in place soon and are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. We wish you the best of luck in meeting and maintaining all your fitness goals!

Regards,
    Derrick
    MyFitnessPal

So. ... It looks like historical syncing is not currently part of the feature set, and we should wait for a fix from MFP

Disappointing ..... They couldn't have done any significant level of testing.
  • goldstargeekgoldstargeek Posts: 26Member Member Posts: 26Member Member
    I got the exact same canned response from the exact same person...imagine that ;) Here is my reply

1 - I know how to delete duplicate data. There was close to a 1000 entries from March/April 2013 that magically showed up and to delete single would be insane so I had to delete ALL and start over.
    2 - duplicate data appears to be happening because it sends the daily TOTAL calories every time a new entry is made instead of sending that individual entry.
    3 - WHY does all of my calorie data from the previous day get deleted as soon as I make today's entries? Example - Entered all data for October 1 and cleaned it up in Healthkit. Then today October 2nd I entered calories into MFP...It sync'd with healthkit and DELETED all my previous days entries from Healthkit...now only October 2nd data shows up...and it shows up 6 times duplicated.
    4 - my weight comes from fitbit. It syncs fine to MFP. It sync'd from MFP to Healthkit before the 5.6.6 update. Now with the new update the weight doesnt sync unless I manually update it in MFP...its like it doesnt recognize and push it to healthkit unless it was a manual entry into MFP.
    5 - Steps. I sync steps from fitbit to MFP. The is however no option to share Steps from MFP to Healthkit available.
  • brentac82brentac82 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    My question is, if I have MFP on my iphone 6 set to track steps via my iPhones M7 processor, and the Health app set to track them the same way, why are the numbers different? I would understand if MFP was using something else like Fitbit but when both apps use the same M7, shouldn't they have the same number of steps.

I've also seen the duplicate data on the days calories, and erasing of previous day's entries for what it's worth.
  • arturfonsecaarturfonseca Posts: 2Member Posts: 2Member
    the bottom line of Apple's Healthkit is... #underdevelopment
  • rjsmith930rjsmith930 Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    Ive done all of that but still have to add my numbers myself -- no synching yet.
  • adamrykalaadamrykala Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
    This isn't a health kit problem @arturfonseca but an MFP problem. I just tried using MyPlate for a few days and it syncs to HK perfectly with all date stamps etc. I've opened a case with support but they've merely repeated the line it doesn't sync times and haven't given me a timescale yet. If they don't intend to I'll transfer completely over to MyPlate which syncs to HK perfectly
  • loratliffloratliff Posts: 283Member, Premium Member Posts: 283Member, Premium Member
    Now my Health Kit data is getting wiped completely... Started yesterday.
    Doing a quick read of the HK specs, it seems part of the way HK determines duplicates is to look at the timestamps of the data. If MFP isn't writing date stamps, then that will definitely make detecting duplicates harder and is probably contributing to the duplicates we are seeing. If data is written to Hk the same time it is written to MFP then MFP could pass on the date/time stamps and give HK a chance to determine duplicates etc.... If HK sees two entries at 1:05 for 562 calories, and then the same day 2:34 for 122 (for example), and 4:12 for 345 HK can do its duplicate analysis better then if it just sees 562,122,345,345,562,122 written at 0:00 ...
    In the second case, HK has no way of knowing whether that two 562's (for example) are duplicate entries or just coincidental different entries. When the time stamps show for one day 3 entries duplicated, its got more confidence in declaring them duplicates rather than coincidence
    In fact their reply is

MyFitnessPal does not timestamp food entries into your diary, therefor you will not see an associated time in Health.

We have looked into making this available for a future update.

The lack of timescale means I'm off to MyPlate. I don't care about old data, I just want the app to work
  • japester68japester68 Posts: 2Member Posts: 2Member
    I've got weight going into MyFitnessPal from FitBit but it's not syncing despite being set up in Health Book to do so. Also, there only appears to be one measurement per day in MyFitnessPal? Why is this? I weigh myself 6 times a day.
  • rfsatarrfsatar Posts: 525Member Member Posts: 525Member Member
    It doesn't seem to be picking up lots of stuff - so not sure when it syncs at all. it's floor readings and mine via Fitbit to MFP are very different so at the moment not really using it at all.
  • benoitfalbenoitfal Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    Yeah there's a bug, lots of duplicated data... I need to clean it all up everyday. I hope they will patch it soon.
  • Roxanne24Roxanne24 Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    Has anyone received any feedback in regards to Active Calories syncing with the Health App. I'm able to get everything else to sync but I don't see an option to sync the active calories.

Thanks,
  • OttRobOttRob Posts: 15Member Member Posts: 15Member Member
    Roxanne24 wrote: »
    Has anyone received any feedback in regards to Active Calories syncing with the Health App. I'm able to get everything else to sync but I don't see an option to sync the active calories.

Thanks,

Same here - don't see the option.
  • fboosmanfboosman Posts: 13Member Member Posts: 13Member Member
    I'm looking at Version 5.7.1 for the iPhone, shipped October 31, and HealthKit integration still doesn't work right. For the life of me I don't understand what is so difficult about this. I've switched it on again and yesterday's numbers (calories, carbohydrates, fiber, protein, fat) are all off.
  • aikiboboaikibobo Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    Since the nov 2 update I no longer have exercise data in MFP. Healthkit still has it, but for some reason, it is not pushed to MFP.
    In Healthkit=>sources I see MFP has only access to "workouts" which I cannot find in Healthkit=>Heal Data. Relevant data like "active calories" does not seem to be pushed. All was fine until yesterday! Anyone knows how to get Exercise calories back in MFP?
  • mvripmvrip Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    MFP worked fine for me, tracked steps and calories burned, but today for some reason, MFP is reporting total caloric intake everytime I add a food consumed. This is causing all intake (protein/carb/fiber) to be over reported in HealthKit by a factor of two or greater.
    Is this an issue with MFP reporting the data to HealthKit or with HealthKit not recognizing the duplicate entries reported by MFP?
    I would think its MFP.