Ran my first 5K race today!

Options
124»

Replies

• rorieran
    rorieran Posts: 13
    Options
    I am in awe of you! I promised my son I would run my first 5K by this fall - so I will be starting to train soon!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That’s a good time for your first run, be proud of yourself.
    Just remember to take it at a good pace and don’t try to do too much too fast. Just trim a little time off at a time. You’ll be running a 30 minute 5k before you know it.
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    WOOT WOOT!!!!
  • lockeddoor
    lockeddoor Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I wish I got a medal for my first 5K! All I got was a picture where I looked like death warmed over (who looks good while running?!), and I didn't think I did that well, so I left shortly after the race, and found out I missed out on getting my ribbon for placing third in my age/gender division (to be fair, my division was really small, so it really wasn't likely that for me to have placed third with my finish time! It just so happened that barely any women between 30-34 ran that particular race LOL, because my time was certainly not fast! But I would have taken the ribbon anyway and framed that thing!)

Congratulations on your first 5K!

When I finished mine, I went home and instantly started googling for more 5Ks near me. I just ran my first half-marathon. 5Ks are a slippery slope to more running, and a whole lot of stretchy pants!
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, keep it up!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    fantastic! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!