Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Android App and Website accounts not syncing

vhoffvhoff Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
Hello, I am having trouble getting my web account and my android app to sync. I will input some food/exercise items while at work on my web account. However, when I get home and want to add additional items, nothing is showing from earlier.

I have recently updated the web app to the newest version, but it still isn't working.

Any suggetsions on fixing this?

Thanks.

Replies

• helsbelshmshelsbelshms Posts: 99Member Member Posts: 99Member Member
    I have the same issue. Even though it says it has synced, it shows values from the previous day. I have to manually sync it to get the up to date values.
  • vhoffvhoff Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    Glad I am not the only one. I found a email address to send a question: [email protected] I will post whatever response they send me.

Thanks!
  • vhoffvhoff Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    Here is what they sent in an auto-response:

IOS APP ISSUES

Please first check the App store to make sure you are not due for any MyFitnessPal updates. If you are due for an update, please try updating to see if that corrects the problem. If you have updated and the problem still persists, please then try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that helps. The vast majority of our users have online accounts, and our program should automatically store your information at www.MyFitnessPal.com. First sign in using any web browser, with the same username and password you use in the app, to make sure your information can be found online.

When you reinstall the app with a valid internet connection, using the same username and password, the information stored online will then transfer back to the app upon reinstall. However, if you are unable to verify your account information by logging in to our website first, please DO NOT uninstall or reinstall the app, and wait for an agent to reply to your email.

If uninstalling and reinstalling the app does not correct the problem, and your initial email did not already including the following information, it would be of great help if you could reply to this email and include the following information, which will provide us with most of the troubleshooting information we would likely request in our first response:

- your MyFitnessPal username

- if you typically sign in with your username and password, or if you sign in with Facebook

- if you access the program on multiple devices, such as on an iPad, and a computer

- which devices you have, such as iPhone 5, iPad 2nd generation, etc.

- what version of iOS is currently installed (you can find this in the Settings on your device, under General, then About)

- if you use any apps or devices in conjunction with the MyFitnessPal, and if so, which ones

- your wifi or network provider, and your physical location such as city, state, country

- if possible, screen shots and specific steps to recreate the problem would also be of great help

***Please Note***

If you are having a problems with the new Steps feature, please wait for the upcoming bug fix (version 5.3.2) and let us know if that does not correct the problem.

If you are running on the iOS 8 beta, please know our program is currently not compatible with iOS 8, but will be by the time iOS 8 is out of beta.

ANDROID APP ISSUES

Please first check the Google Play store to make sure you are not due for any MyFitnessPal updates. If you are due for an update, please try updating to see if that corrects the problem. If you have updated and the problem persists, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, as well as clearing the apps cache and data to see if that helps (if you already tried uninstall/reinstall, try this once more with clearing the cache and data after the reinstall).

The vast majority of our users have online accounts, and our program should automatically store your information at www.MyFitnessPal.com. First sign in using any web browser, with the same username and password you use in the app, to make sure your information can be found online.

When you reinstall the app with a valid internet connection, using the same username and password, the information stored online will then transfer back to the app upon reinstall. However, if you are unable to verify your account information by logging in to our website first, please DO NOT uninstall or reinstall the app, and wait for an agent to reply to your email.

If uninstalling, reinstalling and clearing the cache on the app does not correct the problem, and your initial email did not already including the following information, it would be of great help if you could reply to this email and include the following information, which will provide us with most of the troubleshooting information we would likely request in our first response:

- your MyFitnessPal username

- if you typically sign in with your username and password, or if you sign in with Facebook

- if you access the program on multiple devices, such as on a tablet, and a computer

- what device you have, such as Samsung Galaxy, Droid, etc

- what operating system is currently installed (should be found in the Settings on your device)

- if you use any apps or devices in conjunction with the MyFitnessPal, and if so, which ones

- your wifi or network provider, and your physical location such as city, state, country

- if possible, screen shots and specific steps to recreate the problem would also be of great help

**If you do not like the new “Food Insights" - currently there is not a way to disable this option. We appreciate your feedback and are relaying it to our development team. We hope to have additional improvements to the feature in place as soon as we can.**
  • mnashpmnashp Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
    i never get anything but canned responses. PLUS if I offer a suggestion the community doesn't like, they set on my like rabid hyenas. On a suggestion forum!

plus, the moderators don't seem to give any feedback on the suggestion forum OR moderate it (or any other forum) for decency.

it's getting a little old.

I'm on an android app and can't find any way to input my weight or measurements. I'm sure it's buried in there somewhere, like the water input is buried in the food diary. Plus the food diary lists the foods differently, so the fact that you can't manage your lists efficiently is exponentiated on the android app.

As a newby, this site is making me work WAY too hard.
  • cbusiness2010cbusiness2010 Posts: 22Member Posts: 22Member
    Thanks, I am new and hating this already, having the same issue. I can't stay all day next to the laptop entering info and checking progress, all platforms have to stay in sync, this is basic for a service like this. Yet, when I an out I can't see what I entered earlier, so the info is not correct and i am at a loss regarding what I need to have next. Then, when I return home, nothing I entered during the day is there! This is between macbook pro and iphone 5, latest myfitnesspal version. Super frustrating, don't have the time to fight with this, it must be efficient and work. Looking at other programs out there. Let me know if you found something that actually makes tracking your food and drinks intake doable. Thanks!
  • dmb7888dmb7888 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Hello, responding to these very old posts, I was having the same issue of my Android phone not synching data. I removed the MFP app, cleared cache, rebooted my phone and re-installed. My data then synched up. :) (FYI...I had the updated version already installed.)