• reb1565
    reb1565 Posts: 4 Member
    good one LOL
  • reb1565
    reb1565 Posts: 4 Member
    LOL Good One
  • 80sFanatic88
    80sFanatic88 Posts: 70 Member
    I went there once, and I hated it, so I haven't been back. All I did was order small fries to have a snack, and they gave me a to-go bag that was literally half full of french fries! No one can eat that many! :noway: Then I thought to myself that maybe the name was literal too. You need 5 guys to eat one meal there. :laugh:
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Five guys.... more like Fat guys.. They should rename themselves. Their burgers are tasty I've had several since they've existed but then I checked the macros on it recently and.... yikes.. Safe to say, if I need fat.. I know where to go.
    I only went once. I don't mind fat but holy cow-- the fries portion. They literally handed us a brown bag, normal size, HALF FULL OF FRIES. I think that was a side of fries. It was crazy.

What really sucks about Five Guys is that they make you eat all of the fries they give you before they let you leave the restaurant...

(...and they almost always give you extra fries like that. It's like their signature.)
    Yep, but I figured out a way to beat them at their own game.

I bring my kids, and instead of us each getting fries, I let the kids have some when no one is looking. The staff thinks it's me eating them, but really the three of us get our share from one small order.

We just get one order of fries and don't even hide the fact that we're going to share them. I honestly don't think they mind. I mean, it isn't like we ordered one drink with free refills and shared it. We ordered an order of fries, they gave us however many fries they wanted to, and then we decided how to eat them. (We've also been offered refills on fries before.)

TL;DR - you may not need to be sneaky in your joint fry-eating endeavor/endeavour.
    My sarcasm was continuing off of the previous poster's sarcasm.

We openly share and enjoy the fries.

Dagnabbit! My sarcasmometer must need calibrating again...

...except that the sarcasm of the previous poster was mine...

...so insarcasmception.
    Sarcasm within a Sarcasm within ... oh now I've gone cross-eyed.

That makes if funnier. Shows I don't even know who I am replying to.
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    I honestly don't think that 5 Guys is all that great. They are better than Mc'D or BK, but I would rather go to Red Robin for a burger.
    I've been very dissatisfied with Red Robin the last few times I've gone there.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    I honestly don't think that 5 Guys is all that great. They are better than Mc'D or BK, but I would rather go to Red Robin for a burger.

I like Red Robin. I love their Royal Red Robin Burger. They have a good salmon burger too, but I definitely prefer 5 Guys.

Have you ever had 96th Street Steakburgers? I think they use dead hobo meat. They are the most disgusting rip off of a ham/cheeseburger I have ever tasted.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Five guys.... more like Fat guys.. They should rename themselves. Their burgers are tasty I've had several since they've existed but then I checked the macros on it recently and.... yikes.. Safe to say, if I need fat.. I know where to go.
    I only went once. I don't mind fat but holy cow-- the fries portion. They literally handed us a brown bag, normal size, HALF FULL OF FRIES. I think that was a side of fries. It was crazy.

What really sucks about Five Guys is that they make you eat all of the fries they give you before they let you leave the restaurant...

(...and they almost always give you extra fries like that. It's like their signature.)
    Yep, but I figured out a way to beat them at their own game.

I bring my kids, and instead of us each getting fries, I let the kids have some when no one is looking. The staff thinks it's me eating them, but really the three of us get our share from one small order.

We just get one order of fries and don't even hide the fact that we're going to share them. I honestly don't think they mind. I mean, it isn't like we ordered one drink with free refills and shared it. We ordered an order of fries, they gave us however many fries they wanted to, and then we decided how to eat them. (We've also been offered refills on fries before.)

TL;DR - you may not need to be sneaky in your joint fry-eating endeavor/endeavour.
    My sarcasm was continuing off of the previous poster's sarcasm.

We openly share and enjoy the fries.

Dagnabbit! My sarcasmometer must need calibrating again...

...except that the sarcasm of the previous poster was mine...

...so insarcasmception.
    Sarcasm within a Sarcasm within ... oh now I've gone cross-eyed.

That makes if funnier. Shows I don't even know who I am replying to.

No worries.

I'll take the blame for this one.

You get the next one.

(Oh, and yes, it does make it funnier.)
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    So you thought a remark about the portion size meant I thought I had to eat it all? Now that's some funny stuff. And yes, that's sarcasm.