People claiming to be full in tiny calorie amounts

1111213141517»

Replies

• jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    1 - they're full of ****

2- they don't understand proper nutrition so they think they have to entire give up calorie dense foods and eat nothing but veggies and whatnot...which won't have many calories and won't provide much in the way of energy, but are going to be high volume and probably leave them feeling a bit bloated and otherwise full.

3 - they have a ****ty relationship with food in general and dietary fat in particular...they think fat is "bad" and do not understand that dietary fat is essential to proper nutrition.

4 - they buy into this whole clean eating concept which they don't really fully understand because they don't actually understand much about actual nutrition which leads to issues 2 & 3.

5 - they have other deep seeded emotional and psychological issues

Not at all judgmental, are you?
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Waaaaaa?
    Is it that unbelievable that not everyone follows your preferred diet plan? Or appreciates being called a lying, stupid fool with "deep seeded (sic) psychological issues"?
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    your body can adjust to getting by on less calories, especially when you first start out and are excited by the idea of change and progress...they probably are a little hungry though!

anyways, don't let it bother you. Do what you need to do, you're likely to have better long term results eating the way you are anyways!

appetites can really vary by person though, not to mention that what you eat can make a big difference as well.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Waaaaaa?
    Is it that unbelievable that not everyone follows your preferred diet plan? Or appreciates being called a lying, stupid fool with "deep seeded (sic) psychological issues"?
    As flattered as I am, I'm not interested. I prefer strong women around my own age. But again, thanks for showing interest.

Sooo...he thinks this is a woman hitting on him?? LOL
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Waaaaaa?
    As flattered as I am, I'm not interested. I prefer strong women around my own age. But again, thanks for showing interest.

LOL. That explains a lot. Be prepared to be ignored, as I have been. (does that mean I was hit on first?) LOL
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    *Looks at food log* Yep, 2,426 calories for the day. *Looks at ticker* Yup, lost 30 pounds so far and only 6 left to go. Of course, my favorite game right now is how much food can I stuff in my face and still manage to lose weight. It's highly motivational, very challenging and I've found it works quite well for me, its a diet I recommend to everyone :happy: .

Seriously, eating enough so that you feel happy and healthy but still manage to lose weight doesn't make you a little piggy, that's what we call winning. If you have more to lose and can comfortably manage a larger calorie deficit that still remains healthy then go for it, but there's absolutely no reason to be hungry and miserable if you can eat more, be happy, and still meet your goals.

How much do you weigh? How much do you work out? And at what rate are you losing? If you don't mind my asking. :)

LOL, No I don't mind. I'm 5'8' 166lbs. I've been doing stronglifts 3 days a week since February with some running here and there when I felt like it. Since it's summer and I teach I switched up my routine a bit about a week ago so I'm now lifting 4 days a week for about 30-45 minutes and I started a training program to work towards running a marathon that has me running 4 days a week, 3 runs of about 30-60 minutes and one long run on the weekends 90 minutes and up as the distances get longer.

I use TDEE method so I eat the same amount of calories every day, around 2300 to 2500 and assume I'm getting 3-5 hours a week of moderately intense exercise, but I may actually up that since I'm increasing running time. We'll have to see how that balances with less activity overall because I'm not at work every day now.

My goal is to average around a half pound a week loss.

I play this game too and I have similar stats to yours! I'm 24, 5'6.5, 165 pounds currently, try to lift heavy two or three times a week (50 minute sessions) and do cardio three times a week (usually no more than an hour, and usually running). My TDEE according to various calculators is 2400ish at that level of activity but it might actually be a little higher than that, because I tend to lose a pound and a half per week when I average 2000 calories, and I'll still lose half a pound to a pound per week if I average up to 2200 calories daily. I usually aim for the 2000 though, because I want to get this weight off ASAP and get back into the mid/low 150s, where I was really happy (it's weight I regained over this past year).
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Is Heybales here? Did I miss a five paragraph essay on the caloric needs of the modern female complete with spreadsheets and pubmed links? Or is he just calling me 'hangry'? :laugh:

I have this going through my head. http://www.televisiontunes.com/Two_and_a_Half_Men.html
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    I eat between 1,200 and 1,400 cals (sometimes less) and i'm not full but i'm not hungry. I've eaten this way for a while so it doesn't really bother me. Some days i can go only eating one meal and that's it.
  • boolz
    boolz Posts: 61 Member
    I feel satisfied (not stuffed, but full, not feeling hungry, craving, etc) on 1200 calories provided I balance my protein and carbs to each be about 90-110 grams, fat about 40 grams.