Show me your before & afters please! <3

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    copy and pasted the story i posted on my facebook and instagram :smile:
    Just want to share my 3-year transformation.

I remember the day I started lifting, as if it was yesterday. I stepped on the scale and it said 102.7kg. I remember that I thought: "It's enough! I need to change, and I need to change now."
    So I called one of my friends who was working out at the gym for some months already, signed up and started working out.
    Without any knowlegde about training, nutrition and supplements I just made a start, not knowing if it was right or not and so I started reading books, articles and research publications, as well as watching videos to educate myself.

Now, 3 years later and a ****load of literature and videos later, I can proudly say I lost about 26kg and realised a body
    I could only dream of 3 years ago.

I came already a long way, however these were just the first few steps of the stairs of succes.
    Because I reached my goal doesn't mean I don't have a next one. I am going for a few more steps on the stairs and everyday I am going to be better than the day before.

j7waza.jpg

daaaamn. also, love that hair cut
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I don't normally do this, but why not?

ml5uzk.jpg

A difference of about 70lbs over two years.
    Totally awesome!!!
  • shakeitupperth
    shakeitupperth Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    Options
    9kv9n6le2txg.jpg
    Chronic yo-yo dieter. Maintained this for 9 months now :). Full story http://coachjp.com.au/my-story/
  • nowolga
    nowolga Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    5'4

tripleshot_zps65609bf6.jpg

Wow. You look great! :smiley:
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
  • JCC1987
    JCC1987 Posts: 10
    Options
    yibguqw98uns.jpg
    6f9x9o1sw3ji.jpg
    j0ggbzeme19c.jpg
    pzong98laafy.jpg

The first image is me at around 11½ stone back in 2011. I fluctuated around this weight, hitting nearly 12 stone at times, until last summer (2013) when I lost a stone whilst attending Slimming World. I then lost a further half a stone using MFP, getting down to 10 stone earlier in the year.
    During this summer (break from uni) I walked around 4½ miles to and from work (total), five days a week for five weeks, although my diet was really bad (had to walk through a town centre with lots of takeaways after work) but it really built up my hamstrings and calves. Also I don't drive, so I already had a decent set of calves from many years of being a pedestrian.
    Then I spent about five weeks doing 2-4 60 minute sessions on my cross trainer each week, plus various walks. I now weigh about 10½ stone and have a decent amount of muscle on my frame, and I've started skipping and both jogging and sprinting, as well as some core bodyweight exercises, to try and maintain/improve my physique whilst I finally clean up my diet to lose some more body fat - I had to leave my cross trainer behind to come back to uni. I'm not actually paying much attention to the scales, but thought you might like some context for the pictures... it's all about the mirror and tape measure for me at this stage.

I'm hoping now I'm paying more attention to my diet that I'll see some more definition in the coming months, especially around my mid-section!
  • pisha86
    Options
    5.2.. before at 152 and after 139
  • pisha86
    Options
    i have failed to upload my picture please help.
  • FromGastricToFantastic
    Options
    99xj9iz7vec8.jpg
  • honeyvee89
    honeyvee89 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    ohweofjq1oae.jpg

Hopefully this works...

To the left is summer 2011 and I was about 215lbs. I'm 5'10'' so thought I carried it well at the time but looking at it now... bleurgh.

To the right is summer 2014, 185lbs. Excuse the rubbish photo quality!
  • mnnyc
    mnnyc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    honeyvee89 wrote: »
    ohweofjq1oae.jpg

Hopefully this works...

To the left is summer 2011 and I was about 215lbs. I'm 5'10'' so thought I carried it well at the time but looking at it now... bleurgh.

To the right is summer 2014, 185lbs. Excuse the rubbish photo quality!

We are the same height and have basically the exact same body shape! You look amazing!
  • klbecker1
    klbecker1 Posts: 13 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    vano2phbr9pv.jpg

42 pounds over 9 months! I took a break for a while and just maintained for the most part. Obviously still a work in progress, but I feel great being hard at work on it again!
    I'm 5'4'' btw :)
  • StormyDingo
    StormyDingo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    46 pounds lighter
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Just went thru all 30 pages of this thread! You guys are incredible.

Every single one of you.
  • kdbnmd
    kdbnmd Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    more of a before and during
    cexltulidqdd.jpg
    5jra2or51p9v.jpg

started at 320 ++ lbs.
    now just over 190
  • kmartin527
    Options
    5'8"

Starting weight was 183 - In the left pic I was a few months into it and had lost my first 5lbs.
    CW: 145

Size 14 to 6 and XL to a mostly S / some medium.

k6mjyc751s1t.jpg
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    One year, 114 pounds lost.. now running and heavy lifting to gain strength..
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

This was a couple weeks ago.. I have lost 4 more pounds since..
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks fantastic! So worth all of the hard work and determination.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!