Does anyone do step aerobics??

13»

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I do it 4-5 times a week. It is one of the most popular classes here. High intensity for sure
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    I do Group Blast at my gym by mossa and it is awesome. It is my fave class. They took out all the dance and funky choreo and made it purely athletic set to !music. Tons of squats, lunges, burpees, knees, running, plyo, push ups, etc. Such a fun and great workout!

That sounds intense. Seems to be a lot more involved in that class than a normal step video. I wonder if they have step videos that are as intense as your class with the above exercises you mentioned?!
  • skruttan44
    skruttan44 Posts: 86 Member
    Oh man I honestly didn't even know they had step classes at the gym until you all just said so!. I'm not a member of any gym though, so I have to stick to youtube or dvd's. I also thought my mother was the only one doing it and that it was so old school no one does it anymore haha. I'll definitely listen to her now and not let it go in one ear and out the other! Thank you for all the input. I love reading what you all have to say!

I thought I was the only one doing step too! Glad you started this thread and fun to see so many doing it!

I didn't think they offered step classes at gyms either anymore in all honesty. Which I thought was sad as it is kick *kitten* cardio!
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    lol This reminds me of the old "Buns of Steel" step aerobics VHS my mom used to own... Sometimes I'd do it with her. It was fun. I'd actually probably enjoy doing this again! I'll have to see if I can find an inexpensive step of some sort and check out what's on Youtube.

Try thrift stores.....Goodwill, etc. Craig's List..... or do they still have Play It Again stores?

The cheapest (new) I found was at Wal-Mart. My Gold's Gym step was $27 in store, but the price on those has gone up.

Looks like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Stamina-40-0005-Aerobic-Step/dp/B003QT53RM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1403548300&sr=8-5&keywords=step+bench

Sturdy bench with skid proof top.....but 8" is not an option. The extra width comes in handy, I'm not the most coordinated.

Yes they do.have Play it Again Sports! Love that store. I get my weights from there.

Great info!
    Thank you! I will see if there is a Play It Again here in Tucson. If not... Thrift-something-or-other! :)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Not DVDs but mossa has just expanded into x box one with fight, groove and power. Maybe they will include blast sometime lol
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    I actually ordered a step from Amazon; it's due to arrive in a few days. I'm so excited to use it!
  • ehuschka
    ehuschka Posts: 47 Member
    I freakin love step!

I would recommend searching for "athletic step" videos, they include more squats, lunges, burpees, and is higher intensity then basic step.
  • KylaDenay
    I freakin love step!

I would recommend searching for "athletic step" videos, they include more squats, lunges, burpees, and is higher intensity then basic step.

Ah yes very helpful thanks!!!
  • KylaDenay
    I actually ordered a step from Amazon; it's due to arrive in a few days. I'm so excited to use it!

Get it girl!! Good luck with it!
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    I have not done a class in a few years, but I loved it. It was so much fun jumping around to loud music. I was doing step classes regularly all the way into the early 2000's. And yes I had firm calves and thighs. The last time I did a step class a few years ago I was dying 'cause I could not breathe and then for days my legs were sore. Maybe I should get a step at home and do low impact as I don't think my knees could take 60 mins of jumping around. Thanks for the bringing me back to that time.
  • KylaDenay
    Holy *kitten* batman!!!! I just did my first step workout and it was killer! Definitely a great burn and I felt it in my legs. You all gave me tons of motivation to try it. Thank you!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    I do Body Step once in a while. It's fun, but I usually skip all the strength because I do heavy lifting. Its a great way to sweat.