Zucchini anyone? How do you prepcare it?

Options
13»

Replies

• laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has a ton of recipes! My best piece of advices is don't' over cook it.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    love zuchinni I'm glad to see more ways to prep it and more things to eat with it.

to OP's original question: I agree with many of the poeel above. Grilled with olive oil and seasoning of choice

I also like to use mine in the place of noodle sin a lasagna. I slice it think on a mandolin and layer it just as I would in a regular lasgna. Jus tmake sure the sauce isn't too runny b/c the moisture in the zuchinni will contrubute to the moisture of the dish. I use tomatoe paste in teh sauce to make it thicker.
  • 12pillows
    12pillows Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If you can get a round one you can scoop out the middle, bake it, mix the middle with bulgar wheat and other veg and meat, stuff it back in and melt cheese on it <3
    This meal was only 435 calories and it was amazing.
    tumblr_n7836qysug1tep2z3o1_1280_zpse73b5ed1.jpg

edit to resize
  • Voww
    Voww Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Add it raw to salads sometimes, I use a swivel-blade veg peeler to peel it into very thin strips, adds an interesting texture. Or cut into small batons and gently fry in a teaspoon of rapeseed or olive oil before adding slices of red onion and slivers of sun-dried tomatoes soaked in a little hot water (add the water too), loads of black pepper - yum!
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My goodness thank you so, so much everyone for all the great recipes! I'm going to need to stock up on some zucchini so I can try them all!
  • jjj6689
    jjj6689 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is a favorite of my whole family.
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/zucchini-pasta
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I shred raw zucchini and cucumber into plain yogourt and add Garum Masala and lots of chopped fresh mint and fresh ground salt crystals for a raita. That way I can sneak zucchini past my husband he can't tell the difference between the two sorts of shreds in the raita. :devil:
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sliced raw zucchini makes an excellent guacamole delivery system.
  • knickersb1
    knickersb1 Posts: 222
    Options
    Zucchini bread is amazing!!