Am i too fat for the gym

13»

Replies

• caseypcarlin
    caseypcarlin Posts: 40 Member
    Exercise without food knowledge is usually wasted effort.

This!! I've always loved the phrase "Lose weight in the kitchen, get fit in the gym" But the two definitely go hand in hand!!! Working out motivates me to fuel my body with the right foods that give me a killer work out. It's a happy cycle. I agree with everyone that you're never "too big" to go to the gym, just make sure it's somewhere you feel comfortable working out! I prepaid for 6 months at gym owned and patronized by some serious jerks and ended up not even going for 2 months and just chalking it up as a loss. I should have done my research first haha. Congrats and good luck on your journey :)
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    No one is too fat or too skinny. Make sure you are medically cleared first and talk to gym take a tour and talk to a trainer most offer a free session. Its nice to have support and have someone show you how to use machines and how to increase program safely. I was in the opposite end of spectrum and felt people would stare but I focused on music and found no one bothered me and after a few months I was surprised at a few very positive comments about my dedication and determination from actually some body builders. So much for sterotyping. When I need help I go to body builders in my gym they are sweet teddy bears!
    We are all on our own journeys. You may find some that are haters in some gyms but on the whole I think they are supportive. I got my first hater comment after 18 months the other day and had to then just focus on music and forget it. It is sad we listen to one bad and forget the positive ones