Did you swim today?

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    6.4km today.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    2250m in a rush between work and getting home to cook dinner.

400 warmup as
    4x
    50 free 25 back kick 25 br

3 sets of
    2x 125 free on 2.10
    200 as 75 free 25 br 75 free 25 br
    2x 50 on 1.10 (set 1 fly set 2 back set 3 br)

200 warmdown
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    2000m

500m warm up
    250m breathing drills to 13
    500m with hand paddles
    150m legs only
    100m arms only

50m x5 with 20 secs rest inbetween each 50m

200m cool down medley
    50m underwater trial - did 25m
  • beerfoamy
    1000m

250m front crawl
    50m x5 with 30 secs rest in between each 50
    250m medley
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Got an hour in yesterday. It's summer, so lanes are closed for lessons. When I get off work and go directly to the pool, it's a time when there is only one lap lane available. There is a lady who goes at the same time who swims a frog/breast stroke so slowly that it is impossible to circle with her. I have decided to practice patience and wait it out until a second lane opens up. She has every right to be there, I just wish she went at a time when there was more availability so that those of us who just want to go back and forth without stopping or passing (which I am not comfortable doing) can just swim.
  • beerfoamy
    2500m yesterday

500m warm up
    500m with hand paddles
    150m legs only
    100m arms only

500m with hand paddles
    200m cool down medley

1000m today

250m front crawl
    50m x5 with 30 secs rest in between each 50
    250m medley

• LauraRae2
    LauraRae2 Posts: 107 Member
    It's been a minute (or 3 years, but who's counting?!) but I'm back!

No idea how many laps, but I did 30 minutes and the gentleman in the lane next to me told me to leave because I swim too fast and was making everyone else look bad :D so we'll call it a win!
  • beerfoamy
    2500m

500m warm up
    500m with hand paddles
    150m legs only
    100m arms only

500m with hand paddles
    200m cool down medley

@LauraRae2 - awesome! welcome back to the pool! and epic comment to get :D
  • fishgutzy
    4600yds yesterday. Lane to myself at my YMCA.
    Body still jet lagging.
    Gonna be a busy day at home. Packing for our first vacation since I started this China travel job.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Today: 1.5 miles @ 73 minutes
  • girlwithcurls2
    LauraRae2 wrote: »
    It's been a minute (or 3 years, but who's counting?!) but I'm back!

No idea how many laps, but I did 30 minutes and the gentleman in the lane next to me told me to leave because I swim too fast and was making everyone else look bad :D so we'll call it a win!

Hey there! I remember you! Welcome back! That's an awesome comment from a fellow swimmer! Must have made you feel good :). Have you been swimming all this time?
  • LauraRae2
    LauraRae2 Posts: 107 Member
    @girlwithcurls2 I have not. I got super out of the habit, gained a bunch of weight, and then decided I didn't want to live like this so I got back to it. I ended up joining a gym that has a salt water pool and the hours are SO much better than the community pool I used to swim at, which is helping a lot.
  • beerfoamy
    2000m

500m warm up
    500m with hand paddles
    150m legs only
    200m breathing drills to 13
    250m with hand paddles
    100m cool down medley

bit messy this morning as at the start I could NOT be bothered and was only going to do 1km. Then got into it and wanted to do a mile. Then wanted to fit my usual sets in so HAD to do 2km hahaha
  • girlwithcurls2
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    2000m

bit messy this morning as at the start I could NOT be bothered and was only going to do 1km. Then got into it and wanted to do a mile. Then wanted to fit my usual sets in so HAD to do 2km hahaha

Hahaha!! This is my life sometimes. Really, I'll get to the pool and start bargaining with myself. "Just do 10 laps. If you're a wreck, you can get out. Well, let's round up to a nice even 20... Only 10 more and it's 30. Well NOW, I'm 6 away from a mile..." and so on...

<Glad I'm not the only one!!>

I haven't been in the pool in a few days. Probably won't make it today, although it's 90F+ all week, so it won't be hard to get myself there and in!
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    2000m

Hahaha!! This is my life sometimes. Really, I'll get to the pool and start bargaining with myself. "Just do 10 laps. If you're a wreck, you can get out. Well, let's round up to a nice even 20... Only 10 more and it's 30. Well NOW, I'm 6 away from a mile..." and so on...

<Glad I'm not the only one!!>

I haven't been in the pool in a few days. Probably won't make it today, although it's 90F+ all week, so it won't be hard to get myself there and in!

Yep that is exactly it!!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    I have been AWOL and am really missing my water fix.
    @fishgutzy Enjoy the well deserved vacation. Out of town on course so I don't know the pools very well and hate Big City Traffic. 1000m would probably exhaust me right now.
  • fishgutzy
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    I have been AWOL and am really missing my water fix.
    @fishgutzy Enjoy the well deserved vacation. Out of town on course so I don't know the pools very well and hate Big City Traffic. 1000m would probably exhaust me right now.

Rainy week at the beach house so far. But still great to be with family.
    Regarding swimming distance, everyone finds their own pace and goals. I do believe that anyone who can swim, can swim distances if they have the time. I've been fortunate that I have good pool and life schedules that let me push myself beyond anything I would have thought possible a decade ago.
  • girlwithcurls2
    I have a crummy work schedule at the moment, as well as extra lessons using up lap lanes in the pool, so I got a half mile in yesterday. Good thing the water X instructor was one of the ones who believes in the importance of intervals!!

Gutzy, you have been such a strong supporter and a quiet voice while I swim. I made it one length the first time out. It exhausted me. My body positioning felt practically vertical. But I wanted to learn and improve. Thanks for the reminders that we're all doing something for ourselves and it's all good work. I would never have made it all this time without you guys giving suggestions, advice and support along the way. Cheers to us! :)
  • beerfoamy
    3200m (2miles - 70mins)

500m warm up
    1000m with hand paddles
    200m legs only
    50m arms only

100m x2 with 50m relaxed rest in between them

500m breaststroke and front crawl
    425m cool down medley (backstroke, front crawl and breaststroke)
    25m underwater
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Man, I've been neglecting to record my swims. I'd thought my summer would be full of beaucoup swimming with the addition of lake swimming, but I've been skipping more sessions than I had intended. Like, instead of 3-4 swim sessions a week, I'm getting in 1. Bah.

But still, pretty big swim month in spite of my boffing it training wise.

Had my first Olympic length triathlon on the 15th. Swim was 1500m in 39:33.

First half length aquabike this weekend (if it doesn't thunder and lightening and cancel the whole thing) - 1.2 miles. I know I can do the distance and I can do it in the time limit (70 minutes), especially because the lake is known to be pretty calm. Fingers crossed the weather behaves itself.