• spiceinvaders
    spiceinvaders Posts: 3 Member
    900m today in 30 minutes :smile:
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Today: 1 mile @ 48 minutes
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    I haven't swum since October 11. Had my left hip replaced 13th--healing nicely, mostly painfree. My right hip (replaced in June) is completely healed and painfree. Last Tuesday, the doctor said I can go back into the pool two Mondays from now.
    Allowed to hit tennis balls, but not to chase after balls hit more than 6' away.
    Life is so. Beautiful.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    @kayak4water There was a guy in one of the running threads who had his Hip replaced and after recovery was able to start running again. Can't remember if he had both replaced or just the one.He preferred the trails over pavement/concrete as even if they were in rocky ground the overall ground effect was a softer surface which made it easier on his body.

As a friends Doctor said unless you have been walking in circles both joints have the same mileage so if one needs replacement the other one will also.

Our pool re-opened after it's maintenance cycle on October 6 and went into a limited schedule since over 50% of the lifeguards had left ( students off to college and others found new jobs ) so they had to train/certify a whole new group of LG's. The most time consuming part was they all had to have a certain amount of Deck Time with the instructor while the pool was full of people and the instructor can only have one student at a time on the deck. So it would take about 3 work days per student to get the required Deck Time x 8 LG's = 24 days of restricted pool schedule due to the limited number of Deck Qualified LG's. The instructor had to juggle her schedule to match the work schedules of the trainees and still have her own Deck Time schedule. They are down to one qualified LG instructor as one is off on maternity leave and another is now working full time as a surgical/emergency room nurse.

3 days in the pool - since lane swim times did not match my work schedule, gently easing back into it 500m, 750m and then 1000m. Just don't want to strain a shoulder as I know people who have done that.
  • Bruceapple

Today: 1 mile @ 50 minutes

• Bruceapple

Today: 1 mile @ 51 minutes

• Bruceapple
    edited November 2021
    Today: ! MILE @ 48 MINUTES
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    ElBence wrote: »
    10 miles today. Actually more like 18,000 yards.
    Impressive - how many hours did that take?
    5hrs 39 minutes in open water
  • Bruceapple
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    Very lucky to live where enough life guards can maintain pool hours 6 days/week. 45 minutes today. Mostly freestyle, with some one armed FS to improve breathing technique, some with a snorkel to tune up my pull (or push). Some dolphin kicks (painless, now that both hips have been replaced). Couple butterfly strokes to keep me humble. Then to the hot tub to stretch shoulders and home for a nap.

• Bruceapple
  • Bruceapple
    Today: 0.5 mile@ 27 minutes
  • Bruceapple
  • Bruceapple
    1 MILE @ 48 MINUTES
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Still swimming.
    Trying to do 13 to 16km a week with a 2022 goal of 700km.
    Found my dongle so managed to sync my Garmin to my computer today for the first time in years lol.
    This was yesterday's swim!
    akv48la1kpyr.png
  • Bruceapple
    Today: 1.0 mile = 72*25 YD = 1800 YD * 3 FT/YD = 5400 FT / 5280 FT/MI = 1.02 miles
    @ 48 minutes
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Still swimming. 18km this week in 5 daily swims.
    Today was my first 5k in a long while. Managed a personal best of 1 hr 50 min
  • Bruceapple
    Today 1 mile @ 48 minutes
  • purrmonster
    purrmonster Posts: 1 Member
    New to the group and saying hello, I have just rejoined a gym with a pool and am trying to get back into it. 1000 m today in 35 mins, slow but it's a start :)
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    New to the group and saying hello, I have just rejoined a gym with a pool and am trying to get back into it. 1000 m today in 35 mins, slow but it's a start :)

It's a great start!! I'm starting this week too. Today is my "run day" but tomorrow I will get to the pool in the afternoon and see what I've got after two years of doing other things...

Welcome!! :)