Did you swim today?

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    What a fail. And I don't use that word lightly. I worked my schedule to end my day near the pool so that I could get in the lap lane before it got too busy. It all worked out according to plan. Until... I opened my backpack in the locker room and realized that I had forgotten my suit :( I used to have a spare suit and towel in my car, but I took everything out of my car with Covid since it was sitting in my driveway for months. Dangit! They refunded my money, but boy, am I out of my routine...
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Oh no Girlwithcurls2! Nightmare! (I've been known to buy a suit rather than the shame of coming home again... but then, I like my suits...!)
    Welcome newbies!
    I've been swimming the last couple of weeks, plus restarting C25K. Apparently, whilst I counted 50 lengths (25m pool) in 40 mins, my Garmin said it was 1600m (60 lengths) = a MILE! I'll take that!
  • girlwithcurls2
    I did it. Back to the pool last night. I told myself to try for 30 min or so. See how it goes. It was hard. I won't lie. But after about 30 min, I started to get into my groove, just like I always do. So I kept going and got a mile in. I don't know how long it took because I forgot to check the time when I got out. I took a lot of breaks, but I did it. And this morning, I can feel it, and it feels GOOD! :)

Onward... Let's make this a thing! (talking to myself here)
  • girlwithcurls2
    2250y yesterday. I can tell that it's my back and upper body that are going to need to get back in shape, in spite of the bodyweight routine I have been doing for two years. However, my endurance was really good. I got my mile in and decided to keep going. I have missed swimming!

So, where is everybody? Anyone swimming?
  • girlwithcurls2
    1650y yesterday before a water fitness class. I'm feeling it today. I reinstated my membership to the center so that I'll be more committed. If I don't feel like going, I just picture slapping that cash on the counter and walking out. No way. It's prepaid, I'm going :)
  • girlwithcurls2
    .5 mile yesterday. I'm either way out of practice or doing something wrong. My left arm is always more sore than my right arm. I spent some time just kicking with a board too. I forgot how hard (and slow) that is...
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Today: 1 mile @ 47 minutes
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited June 2022
    @girlwithcurls2 Yes still swimming.
    New to the group and saying hello, I have just rejoined a gym with a pool and am trying to get back into it. 1000 m today in 35 mins, slow but it's a start :)

@purrmonster Nothing wrong with that pace.
    I can remember when I could only get 5-600m in an hour.

Still swimming just not posting very much.
    4-6 swims a week depending on pool schedule and work. Minimum 1000m, usually more.
    The local Triathlon is not happening this year due to the collapse of the Volunteer pools during covid.
    I use the 750m Sprint Distance to start my swims and then add in drills and differant strokes to build a good workout.
    In September the pool will close for the month for a fairly major maintenance - rebuild - Midlife crisis. A few of the Water handling pipes have developed leaks so they need to be replaced and since they are embedded in the Cement its a major tear down and rebuild. Two of the Pillars that support the Roof Beams have rust-corrosion that requires them to be checked/replaced?. Could be a 2 month shutdown.

So hoping to get over 150km for the year.
  • Bruceapple
    Swam @ 1 mile each day all week mostly at 48 minutes.
  • Bruceapple
    Yesterday: 1 mile @ 48 minutes
  • girlwithcurls2
    My lower back is out of whack, so more swimming than I planned. The good news is that it ALWAYS feels better after a swim. The not so good news is the reduced pool hours due to a lack of coverage. I'm keeping it slow and steady, usually swimming 30-45 minutes, deliberately not keeping track of distance so that I just focus on lengthening my body, stretching out, good form, etc. Gosh it feels good to swim again. I hope that regardless of what Covid does, they do not close the pool for an extended time again.
  • juliet3455
    1000m to 1500m on average 3-5 times a week.
    The old injury from my Sprained Hip has finally quit hurting when I try to do a Breast Stroke so nice to have 3 differant strokes to change up the muscle loading and allows for longer swims - time and distance wise.
  • girlwithcurls2
    An awesome swim today. I had my own lane for over an hour. Swimming laps, kick boarding, kicking on my back. On and on. And a soak and stretch in the hot tub. I was so hesitant to swim again, wondering if I would lose form or stamina, but it’s all still there. I love swimming 🥰
  • juliet3455
    edited August 2022
    It's been hit and miss at our pool. They are due for a Major Maintenance cycle and it's starting to show. It was closed for 3 days due to a problem in the Chemical - Utility room.
    Little things that become big things and people don't think about.
    Roof Drains that need to have the Debris screens on the roof replaced.
    The Drain down pipes replaced and cleaned to remove debris that has got past the screens.
    This summer 2 differant pipes got plugged causing them to fill with Rain Water and break because there not designed to hold water but to drain it.
    Hot Tube circulation pipes that have broken inside the concrete and caused concrete debris to get into the pumps.
    Water Slide supports that need to be re-built.
    Heating and ventilation ducts that need to be replaced - causing ventilation problems in the " Chemical - Utility room"
    They are scheduled to close for all of September - but I think it will extend into October because of all the things I see.

50 lengths tonight 1250 meters. 750 meters Front Crawl, 250 Back, 250 Breast.
  • Bruceapple
    Today 1 mile @ 53 minutes
  • Bruceapple
    Today 1 mile @ 48 min
  • girlwithcurls2
    Wednesday, 20 min. Thursday, 35 min.
    It's getting easier! But the pool was too warm!
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    I am new to the group and new to swimming. In Sept 2022 I started going twice a week with a friend, Sundays and Wednesdays. I've been sick for 2+ weeks with a bad head and chest cold, so I've missed a few sessions and will likely have to miss today as well. Hoping to be well by Sunday so I can get back into the rhythm. I do about 20 lengths in 25 minutes. Glad to have found this group!
  • Bruceapple
    My pool is closed till January 😒
  • Bruceapple
    My pool is open, hooray
    Today 1 mile @ 52 minutes