Exercise phobic!

13»

Replies

• MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    lmoa - you don't have to even exercise with other ppl. ...but I think I work out better around other ppl -

bring the intensity if you want too loose that much weight, but regardless the gym life isn't ganna do much for you. With that much weight you need to get a on a caloric deficit.

-I'm not even saying eat clean, but at least start consuming 35-40% protein and a high fat diet (fat as in healthy fat, almonds, extra virgin olive oil... etc...) keep the carbs near nothing..especially the nutty carbs that American's should be red-faced about... pizza, donuts etc... if you gotz to carb make it oatmeal or a potato

with that much weight its got to be a diet and lifetsyle change.

GL! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • allofme32
    allofme32 Posts: 92 Member
    Exercise sounds like a chore to you. Don't make it a chore. Make it enjoyable. Sneak it in.
    I started getting physical by simply walking my dog a little father from home. Then when the weather got nice I began taking long walks around my job at lunch time. These long walk began with 5 blocks, then 10 blocks then 20 blocks. Now I walk 2 miles in 1/2 hour during my lunch break. Then I started feeling good....mentally and physically. So I began to push myself a little more.
    The more I exercise, the better I felt. I used to feel tired all the time. I had to sustain myself with coffee and sugar just to stay awake at work. Now I am alert and perky.

Now I forgo the elevator at work and walk up the 6 flights of steps 2 or three times a day to my floor at work.

I take the train sometimes which forces me to take the stairs (8 flights altogether). I sneak it in.

Once you start to feel good, once you start dropping pounds, you will get motivated to push your body to see how far it can go.

Keep at it girl!! You can do this!

P.S. If you like dancing. Zumba is hella fun!!!
  • johanneleger
    johanneleger Posts: 49 Member
    I do know what you are talking about, since I sweat just thinking about it. But I still go out there, and I just tell myself that people are not as judgemental as I think. What would I think if I saw someone like me jogging, red faced and sweating ?? WELL, I would think that this is a girl who is not just sitting at home waiting for "it" to happen, she is doing something about it and is working really hard at it. I would cheer if I could. Be proud everytime you go out there. "Do something today that your future self will thank you for" :)