Are you losing weight to feel more attractive?

Options

Replies

• brooknhall
    Options
    Yes, absolutely, I wouldn't be motivated otherwise.
  • laflordivina
    Options
    Came for vanity, stayed for health :)
    [/quote

^This sums it up pretty perfectly.
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    Came 4 Vanity, Left 4 Visionary, Unleashing Victorious :drinker:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Came 4 Vanity, Left 4 Visionary, Unleashing Victorious :drinker:

I feel like I need a vaccine
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thazin1244
    thazin1244 Posts: 15
    Options
    yes
  • marricurt
    marricurt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I guess you could say that I have started for health but am staying for all my beautiful clothes that are hanging in my wardrobe. I know it's vain but I just want to wear them again..
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I am 100% vanity-driven! My ideal weight was very carefully chosen, after experimenting with weights both lower and higher.Health has nothing whatsoever to do with it. At 112, I have both a waistline and a bustline. According to BMI table, I would be healthy at any weight between 104 (at which I would be treading the "skinny fat" zone) and 144 (I would block out the sun).
  • jessica_1205_
    jessica_1205_ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do genuinely believe that overweight people can be beautiful and weight does not automatically mean ugly.

I'm losing weight because I've been smaller than I am now and I know how much better and more confident I felt then, and I want to get back to that. I'm enjoying feeling fitter and healthier but I'd be a liar if I said that looking good in a bikini wasn't a huge part of it!
  • peachmagic
    peachmagic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    For me it's about 90% vanity 10% health.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    No. The best thing about losing the weight for me, is being able to blend in and not being looked at just because I was obese. Being anonymous in a crowd is liberating for me and I like not being looked at for that reason alone.
  • WreckaRed
    WreckaRed Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yes.. I want people to see me and think "she lost a lot of weight and looks great". Plus, when I feel confident about how I look I am in a MUCH better state of mind, which helps my marriage, my friendships and being a good mom. Happy chick=Happy household.
  • highcarbveganzombie
    highcarbveganzombie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's about 90% just to get healthy for me. I've been heavy since I was a kid. That other 10% is vanity. I want to look good for myself, not for a man, not for anyone else but me. I want to feel confident and take pride in myself. :)
  • asdfthax
    asdfthax Posts: 12
    Options
    I just want to be a healthy weight. I don't associate weight with attractiveness. Intelligence and personality are long-lasting.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. For sure. I want to be healthy as well, but my main drive is that sex is so much better when I feel good about how my body looks. In turn, my husband is happier and so am I.
  • Terraforcejenny
    Terraforcejenny Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It's very frustrating how taboo this is; as a short and petite type person, I get a lot of "nooo, you look so goooood! Why would you be trying to lose weight? Girl, you do you and you'll be beautiful!" But in all honesty, it's not that I think I look awful, but I want to feel sexy! It's hard to feel that way when you've gained weight you KNOW you shouldn't have.

Obviously it's fine to want to improve your appearance for appearance sake, as long as you aren't bringing yourself down too much while you do it.

I'd say it's 80% for wanting to look good, for myself, and 20% for health reasons. Maybe even more on the vanity side; health is nice and all, but the benefits aren't as tangible and I have to push myself more than if I'm honest with myself and admit I want to look sexy in my own skin, without hiding the cush.
  • matt_evans
    matt_evans Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Did I start losing weight because I wanted to look more attractive to women? No not really I just felt crap about myself and was fed up of wearing enormous shirts to try and hide how I looked!

That said the truth is since I have lost some weight all of a sudden I get the odd admiring glance from women and for a single guy like me it’s certainly a motivator to keep going!

I’m confident enough in myself to talk to a complete stranger and maybe even flirt a bit! I certainly don’t feel embarrassed anymore, which is where I would have been this time last year.

Will I keep going to feel sexier, more attractive and more confident? That’s a no brainer. :wink:
  • lanajanewoolf
    lanajanewoolf Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes I am! I am losing weight to feel more attractive. I am one of these weird people who is actually quite fit even over weight. No matter how much exercise I did, I didn't lose weight. (and I have been active for pretty much my whole life). My weight gain only really became an issue over the last 7 or so years (since I hit 30) I kept putting on weight. One of the main motivators for losing weight is being more comfortable to pursue romantic / intimate connections. (to be blunt, I hardly have sex any more, i hardly date and I want more of this knowing that it is likely more to do with my self esteem / body image than anything else).
  • icetopaz
    icetopaz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I used to want to lose weight to feel more attractive, but it didn't work. Now I want to lose weight to be healthy.