Going Raw

Options
13»

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about something else entirely and was going to advice against it unless you're in a committed relationship but then I saw it was about restricting food prep...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    All for it
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    If you were to read, as I did, the book How Cooking Made Us Human by primatologist Richard Wrangham, you might accept his theory that it is by learning to cook food, and therefore make the nutrients more readily available, that humans were able to develop larger, more complex brains than the other apes.

But, of course, there are other scientists who say this is bunkum.

If you were to read raw food movement books, you would believe that raw is the only way to go.

But, of course, there are other scientists who say this is bunkum.

So, eat raw vegan for a couple of weeks. Why not? But don't blindly accept all the writers who claim that raw-only is the BEST way to eat. Bear in mind that any diet that includes ONLY this and NOT that is likely to lead to some sort of biological imbalance in your system unless you are extremely careful to design a carefully crafted balanced diet. Humans evolved as omnivores -- not obligate omnivores, we can also thrive as careful herbivores -- but we are mostly omnivores.

I thought it was our opposable thumbs and our cooperative hunting styles that led to our diverse brain abilities but I'll check out that book because evolutionary adaptation is fascinating to me.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I love raw......Oh wait.......I thought this was going to be about something VERY different...

Damn straight...

Totally not what I thought this thread was going to be. :ohwell: lol
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    in for the lolz
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member