Friday NSV - Post below!!!

124»

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Had a check up with the GP (doctor) and was told that with the improvements I have made to my weight loss (shedding 26kgs), diet changes and waistline that if it stays the same or improves further, I can come off my meds for hypertension. We agreed not to do it now as I normally have a really bad chest infection every September. Looking forward to Christmas!!
  • krogers810x
    krogers810x Posts: 92 Member
    This is the first photo I am ever posting on here ... but I was just so damn excited this morning.

nsv7-11-14_zps24786de2.jpg

I haven't worn these pants (a size 8) in two years, because they were just too damn tight.
    Today, I felt awesome in them. Even though I have only lost about a half pound and weigh 165, they fit perfectly and I felt awesome. I was actually able to see the changes in the mirror this morning as I near the end of the 30 Day Shred.
  • rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    I can do all the jumping jacks in the 30-day shred work out.
    It is just my 4 th day doing it!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I just tried on a size six pair of pants at the Gap and the waist was way too lose! I haven't fit in a size six in ever! ;-)
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    I did 5x5 bench press with the empty barbell (45lb) and 5x5 overhead press with a 35lb fixed barbell! I had been using dumbbells and was only able to do 40 (barely) for a chest press and 30 for OHP.
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    I was going to put on my usual "comfy" shoes because they had adjustable velcros and the heel part of the shoe fell off my foot with each step! That made me pretty happy. For some odd reason, those shoes falling off confirmed that I did lose some weight.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    A strange one, but huge for me nonetheless. I am a total binge eater, and a gross one at that. No one take offence (I'm sure there's many here that can relate), I just find it gross the lengths I will go to and things I will eat in order to get a fix. Like food out of the trash that's not mine gross. Which leads me to my NSV. Found the below baked bribery in the trash at work and DIDN'T EFFING EAT IT! For a moment, every fiber of my being was like "eat this until you're sick, pronto!"...then I threw it in the bin. Thank you, MFP. There's something about this accountability and seeing my streak that's actually working. Nothing else has for a long time. Mind, I've had my slip-ups here and there, but this very easily could have been another and wasn't.

I mean, just look at this disgusting thing! Who'd want to eat that?! :wink:
    2014_07_11_21_54_18.jpg
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    PS, I felt the need to take a pic and post this when I normally wouldn't have, and I'm not sure why. It's almost like if I didn't share that I didn't eat it, then I would have eaten it...if that makes sense.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    The Vietnamese place I always frequent- two of the staff people in the last week have separately told me that I look thinner.

I also am realizing that I need to throw out a whole bunch of clothes and the things that fit best are the ones I bought in high school.
  • hylgh
    hylgh Posts: 12 Member
    I wore a pair of trackpants today that I bought at the start of last year but was never actually able to fit. Yay!
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    I went to drop something off to my mother at work yesterday and when I walked in, her collegue greeted me with, "You look a lot smaller." I was so excited to hear it from someone who didn't know I working on losing weight.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,380 Member
    My shorts and scrub pants fall down if I attempt to carry my phone and my keys in my pockets!
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    A strange one, but huge for me nonetheless. I am a total binge eater, and a gross one at that. No one take offence (I'm sure there's many here that can relate), I just find it gross the lengths I will go to and things I will eat in order to get a fix. Like food out of the trash that's not mine gross. Which leads me to my NSV. Found the below baked bribery in the trash at work and DIDN'T EFFING EAT IT! For a moment, every fiber of my being was like "eat this until you're sick, pronto!"...then I threw it in the bin. Thank you, MFP. There's something about this accountability and seeing my streak that's actually working. Nothing else has for a long time. Mind, I've had my slip-ups here and there, but this very easily could have been another and wasn't.

I mean, just look at this disgusting thing! Who'd want to eat that?! :wink:
    2014_07_11_21_54_18.jpg

I TOTALLY get this NSV!!!!

Amazing job!!!

(Former gross binge eater as well.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!