What to do with tuna

Replies

• sarah_hite
    sarah_hite Posts: 41 Member
    I like tuna mixed with some yellow mustard and some sweet hot mustard. It really helps to cover the fishy taste.
  • lots of good recipes, thanks to everybody!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    I'm going to try making it with hummus instead of mayo on Sunday! It's great on tuna buns too :)
  • It sounds weird but a nice cheap meal is a baked potato topped with tuna and corn and sour cream if you want to splurge on calories.
  • I often make myself tuna sandwiches, but on a whole wheat tortilla, and instead of mayo, I use plain greek yogurt. I usually add in either broccoli, cucumber, or celery as well.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Bump
  • I don't have the exact measurements bc I make it so much. So you can tweak it however it suits you...My favorite tuna recipe- Tuna Rotini. 1 red bell pepper- chopped
    1/2 onion- chopped
    1 can of tuna- drained
    1 cup of frozen peas(they thaw when it's mixed)
    About 6 oz rotini pasta- I like the rainbow veggie kind
    About 1/2 cup of fat free italian dressing
    It's really good right when it's warm from the cooked rotini or cold:)
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    I will add my 2 cents worth. Mix into your tuna red onion, celery, and curry powder to taste.

A not so low cal recipe is...and it sounds gross but amazing...
    1 cooked box of kraft mac and cheese
    1drained can of tuna
    A can of peas or a cup of cooked fresh or frozen peas
    A generous spoonful of curry powder
    Salt and pepper to taste

Enjoy
  • You can make tuna patties which you use the same recipe as you would for salmon patties just sub tuna for salmon they are super good and healthy
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Bump
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    I hate the taste of tuna, especially canned tuna ( nasty! ),
  • GrandmaJackee
    GrandmaJackee Posts: 46 Member
    I like tuna melts, mix 1 can of tuna with 1/4 c. miracle whip, spread on the bottom of a hamburger bun, place a slice of cheese on top of the tuna, put the top bun on top and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. This make two sandwiches, I eat this about once a week.

Another favorite is 1 can tuna, miracle whip, 2 chopped up boiled eggs, handful of shredded cheese, mix and spread on two pieces of bread and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 mins.

Have heard about replacing mayo with cottage cheese, tried but seemed watery, will try again, but will puree cottage cheese first.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Lots of new ideas here to try. Thank you!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    I hate the taste of tuna, especially canned tuna ( nasty! ), so I'd feed it to the cat, then kill the cat, butcher it out and pan fry it with a light breading, just as you would rabbit.
    Does this go with red wine? Or white?
  • jade_222
    jade_222 Posts: 147 Member
    Bump
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    I hate the taste of tuna, especially canned tuna ( nasty! ), so I'd feed it to the cat, then kill the cat, butcher it out and pan fry it with a light breading, just as you would rabbit.

White, a little sweet.....definitely not red.
  • schnee1
    schnee1 Posts: 5 Member
    Bump
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member

White, a little sweet.....definitely not red.

I find food threads incredible boring, but I think your response was highly unappropriate, to this thread. In other words, not necessary.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    I have been making a "healthy" tuna melt......I use homemade bread (you could use any kind of bread you want), sharp cheddar, and tunafish (without the mayo). I cover the frying pan, so that the cheese melts more thoroughly. The tuna will stay in the sandwich because the cheese is gooey! YUM! :)

I do domething similar but I use a wholegrain wrap instead of bread.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    tiny tuna delights .. cant wait to try these http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/tiny-tuna-delights-150560.aspx

tuna with avocado, tuna in salad, tuna mac casserole, tuna with mustard