Bump for recipes!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Penny_Harrison
    Penny_Harrison Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like it in an omelette with feta and spinach.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I hate the taste of tuna, especially canned tuna ( nasty! ), so I'd feed it to the cat, then kill the cat, butcher it out and pan fry it with a light breading, just as you would rabbit.
    Does this go with red wine? Or white?

White, a little sweet.....definitely not red.

I find food threads incredible boring, but I think your response was highly unappropriate, to this thread. In other words, not necessary.

It amused me... that was the whole point.
  • determinedladybug
    Options
    http://nomnompaleo.com/post/91332244628/spicy-tuna-cakes

Try this recipe. I don't even like Tuna and I thought it was delicious. My whole family loved them.
  • jole721
    jole721 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Those tuna appetizers look perfect for a birthday party I am going to this weekend...ALL the tuna recipes sound awesome and have given me some new recipes to try :heart: Thank you!!
  • jole721
    jole721 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump for tuna recipes
  • lqichick
    lqichick Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas
  • This thread is yummy!!! :)

My husband and I take 2% Greek Yogurt, mix it with Siracha Sauce, jalapeno peppers and hot salsa from our local Mexican grocery store. Heat up corn tortillas, get some slices of avocado, cilantro and onions and BOOM cheap fish tacos!!! Delicious.

Lately I have been mixing "Follow Your Heart Pesto Vegan Mayonaise" to my tuna with lettuces on a 100 calorie organic whole wheat round. Y0M!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I load the heck out of that sucker!

Finely diced: hardboiled egg, green onion, red onion, pickles, celery, you can even get weird and add carrots or peas or something.

Spices: cayenne, smoked paprika, black pepper, white pepper, salt, yellow curry powder, thyme.

I'll eat that on a salad, in a wrap, on a sandwich, tuna melt (love it open-faced on an english muffin), on wheat thins or other crackers, with celery sticks, whatever.
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Bump for the weekend.
  • westernjoy
    Options
    Stay clear of tuna, and other seafoods. If it's been farmed raised, it's likely diseased. If it's from the pacific it's likely radiated from the Fukushima incident. I love tuna, but I won't go near the stuff now.
    tuna isn't farm raised. And they follow warm water currents coming out of the south. I can my own tuna. If you buy veggies out of grocery stores do you know what the farmer uses to control bugs and weeds from this country and other countries.
  • meaganlael
    Options
    Bumping for all the yummy recipes :)
  • haleema93
    Options
    bump. can't wait to try these recipes :)
  • westernjoy
    Options
    Salmon Patties (Can also use canned crab, tuna, salad shrimp, etc)

1lb canned salmon (if using salmon keep the bones in)
    1/2 c finely minced onion
    1/4c finely minced carrot
    1/4 c finely minced celery
    1 egg
    1 tsp mustard
    1/2 tsp dill
    S&P to taste
    enough breadcrumbs or panko to coat patties

I throw the veggies into a food processor to get really finely minced. Mix everything except the breadcrumbs together...if using salmon, work the bones til they crumble into the mix. Form into patties and coat in breadcrumbs.

Bake or pan fry with a little oil til internal temp is 165F, about 8 minutes or so depending on thickness.

**This recipe originally called for 60 pounds of canned salmon so I had to shrink it down a bit...the numbers may be slightly off, but i think it will still be good. The mirepoix (onion//carrot/celery) will add moisture and help hold it all together. You can sub in other veggies if you like...we did it once with sweet potatoes, broccoli and onion and with onion, zucchini and summer squash.
    Trying this sounds so good minus 59 lbs salmon
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later... From what I've seen so far these suggestions all look tasty!
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've made this before:
    Chop up a tomato and saute it with a little bit of garlic (and perhaps some chopped onion or other veggies) in a skillet with a little olive oil. Let the tomatoes get nice and soft. Add a little fat-free italian dressing while it is sautéing for a little bit of flavor. RIght at the end, add the can of tuna (drained) and mix together.

Throw this over some whole-wheat pasta and top with a light sprinkle of parmesan. Yum!

When I have cooked this, I found that the tuna loses most of the fishy flavor and picks up more of the other flavors instead.

This sounds awesome! Definitely saving for later.
  • cheapthrillz
    Options
    Make a tuna "salad" with fat free Greek yogurt (I like Fage brand), mustard, paprika, a splash of hot sauce and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Mix in the tuna and stuff it into baby bell peppers! One package of the 80-calorie Albacore Tuna, 1/4 cup of yogurt, and 6 bell peppers = 160 calories and 21 grams of protein!!
  • skye_loveless_2
    Options
    I usually mix tuna up with some mayo and sweet relish, garbonzo beans, and black eyed peas and either out it on bread as a sandwich or just eat it like it is.