Replies

• 303enfield
    303enfield Posts: 239 Member
    zero.gif

No fux given apparently.
    that hand gives me an idea
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    I've only blocked one person who couldn't take a hint and wouldn't back off after I removed them and told them why.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Hey Folks,

This topic has been reported. I am not locking the topic at this time, but I encourage anyone posting to keep this discussion general, and not personal. Posting names of who you have blocked, private messages, or enough descriptors that we all know who you are referring to, then this topic will likely be locked. Also I have edited some posts with profanity, please refrain.

Thanks,
    Olivia
    MFP Community manager

^^^ This. Nice to see that someone actually moderates these forums. I appreciate it. Now if we could just get you to delete all those 'Hot or Not" posts chains. Those directly undermine people's self image.
    . Why ask to have threads deleted just because you don't like them? Just don't go to them. I post on that thread and it seems that for the most part everyone gets a "hot" unless it's in fun. Except me, I get the "not" just because I'm a big blue box. I am not crying though. Just have fun.

I agree 100% if members don't like the forum topic they should 1)not be in them and 2)not be reporting them if everyone is having fun and the rest of the members are abiding to the rules
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Hey Folks,

This topic has been reported. I am not locking the topic at this time, but I encourage anyone posting to keep this discussion general, and not personal. Posting names of who you have blocked, private messages, or enough descriptors that we all know who you are referring to, then this topic will likely be locked. Also I have edited some posts with profanity, please refrain.

Thanks,
    Olivia
    MFP Community manager

^^^ This. Nice to see that someone actually moderates these forums. I appreciate it. Now if we could just get you to delete all those 'Hot or Not" posts chains. Those directly undermine people's self image.
    . Why ask to have threads deleted just because you don't like them? Just don't go to them. I post on that thread and it seems that for the most part everyone gets a "hot" unless it's in fun. Except me, I get the "not" just because I'm a big blue box. I am not crying though. Just have fun.

I agree 100% if members don't like the forum topic they should 1)not be in them and 2)not be reporting them if everyone is having fun and the rest of the members are abiding to the rules

Some people think that because mfp required you to be 18 to sign on to begin with, we still need mommy holding our hands because god forbid someone might just hurt our feelings or state the truth. I'm sorry, you are a 3, not a 10. Great you think you are a 10, but come on, we are not here to sugar coat the fact you have your diary open and all you eat is junk food and not exercise. I know I am not a 10, and I want the truth on what others think I am. MFP should stop the trolls that call people names or are being abusive. I agree with kendall...if you don't want sugar coat, don't be on the threads/forums. IT IS A CHOICE TO BE HERE! Now, let me go back to mommy and cry because someone said I wasn't hot...:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :noway: :explode: :angry:
    By the way, I have many blocked due to mfp not being able to stop dirty men from being completely inappropriately pm to me. I AM VERY LIBERAL BUT I DON'T KNOW YOU AND I DON'T NEED FOR YOU TO EMAIL ME AND TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO DO TO ME JUST BECAUSE I'M SORRY, I HAVE BIG BOOBS AND I CAN'T TAKE A PIC WITHOUT THEM BEING IN IT!!!!!!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    One. Someone who tried to push weight loss products on me.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    None. I complain about my figure flaws in sordid detail on these forums-- sure to keep the pervs at bay! :happy:
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Hey Folks,

Thanks,
    Olivia
    MFP Community manager

Some people think that because mfp required you to be 18 to sign on to begin with, we still need mommy holding our hands because god forbid someone might just hurt our feelings or state the truth. I'm sorry, you are a 3, not a 10. Great you think you are a 10, but come on, we are not here to sugar coat the fact you have your diary open and all you eat is junk food and not exercise. I know I am not a 10, and I want the truth on what others think I am. MFP should stop the trolls that call people names or are being abusive. I agree with kendall...if you don't want sugar coat, don't be on the threads/forums. IT IS A CHOICE TO BE HERE! Now, let me go back to mommy and cry because someone said I wasn't hot...:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :noway: :explode: :angry:
    By the way, I have many blocked due to mfp not being able to stop dirty men from being completely inappropriately pm to me. I AM VERY LIBERAL BUT I DON'T KNOW YOU AND I DON'T NEED FOR YOU TO EMAIL ME AND TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO DO TO ME JUST BECAUSE I'M SORRY, I HAVE BIG BOOBS AND I CAN'T TAKE A PIC WITHOUT THEM BEING IN IT!!!!!!

You go girl!! By the way you look fabulous Megan! :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,977 Member
    Hey Folks,

Thanks,
    Olivia
    MFP Community manager

Very unlikely mods will delete those threads - most are on part 50 or something. Mods are well aware of them and obviously happy for them to be there.

I don't go in them - easy, if that sort of thing doesn't appeal to you, just don't go there.

No need to ban them for everyone else.
  • Megan101792
    One. Someone who tried to push weight loss products on me.

Those I tell no interested and they stop. One I've had to block
  • Megan101792
    Hey Folks,

Thanks,
    Olivia
    MFP Community manager

You go girl!! By the way you look fabulous Megan! :wink: :flowerforyou:

Thank you. You do too.
  • Megan101792
    Hey Folks,

Thanks,
    Olivia
    MFP Community manager

Very unlikely mods will delete those threads - most are on part 50 or something. Mods are well aware of them and obviously happy for them to be there.

I don't go in them - easy, if that sort of thing doesn't appeal to you, just don't go there.

No need to ban them for everyone else.

What you say is true, but people still come in and jack it up for everyone else.
    And some moderators, as I do appreciate that they are here, and their job is probably not fun, but they do need to realize we are all over 18, well we said we were to get on website and have profile, and that people over 18 are adults and will talk about things openly. Until they can stop the pervs from pming me over and over and over again and I have to block them, only for them to get new account and do it all over again, I'm on the fence. I hate to block, but what is so appealing about me that they have to do that?
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    A couple... All of them are creepy guys trying to hit on me :/
  • Megan101792
    A couple... All of them are creepy guys trying to hit on me :/

They can hit on me all they want...it's when it just goes way to graphic to what they want to do to me that it is uncalled for after I've given plenty of hints to stop or you get blocked. I'm VERY LIBERAL, but creepy pervs dont care and push that liberal button past where I keep it.
    I don't want my emails moderated because, hey, i've got friends and we talk about things we cant on forums that are very private, but it's getting to the point where i open up my email on mfp and some days there are over 40 emails from guys i dont know, more or less, about 10 each from same guy, just being so....out there. You are older than my father, sorry not into whole daughter/dad thing if that's what they are going after, a, and b, no...just no. Only a few friends can talk to me like that, and they know who they are...or my crush....
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    None, I don't think I am interesting enough to warrant any weirdos creeping me.

Think again. * commences creeping* :laugh:
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Zero people blocked.

I too have a high tolerance for desperation. If they're clever enough I may even respond to them.
  • Megan101792
    lets bring this back alive. 63
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    3. All of them crazy people who started ranting away at me in private messages because I believe in science, and not their 1960s voodoo.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    None.

I guess I am the lucky one as I have never in over three years of being here (I had a previous account as well) had a single abusive PM.

As for the opinions on the board I enjoy the lulz.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    3... 2 of them were run of the mill filth.

The third I had to block him and 8 of his reincarnations. Seriously freaked me out and I stayed out of the forums for weeks after that.
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    I got like 5

soon to be 6 ;)