Unrealistic Goals

13»

Replies

• Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    I'm 40 and 5'1.5", was ~ 115-120 in high school... My heaviest I was at ~186 (201 pregnant). I dropped down to the 140-150 range after pregnancy and that is where I stayed until MFP. When I began here I set the goal of 125, thinking in the back of my head that it was unattainable. About a year in I hit that goal. I stayed there for about a year before deciding to take my cycling to another level and start racing, yep at 40. I am at 111 right now, but I am in a training phase for competitive cycling so I am being quite specific with my diet and exercise...

125 was attainable with deficit eating and exercise, and maintainable as well... Good luck!

I'm 26-28 in the first 2 photos and 40 in the last 2...

YOU are amazing!!! You make me want to try harder. Thanks for sharing this!

xdfmuc.jpg

Then I got pregnant on top of already being heavy. I stopped smoking, drinking and taking anti-depressants. I only gained about 10 pounds because I started paying attention to what I ate. Top weight 196 pounds.

1qln39.jpg

Now I'm working to lower BF and sit around 111...

330wzfp.jpg

1jq642.jpg

YOU ARE AMAZING! You make me want to work harder. Thank you for sharing these!
  • lizmedrano
    lizmedrano Posts: 123 Member
    I'm 40 and 5'1.5", was ~ 115-120 in high school... My heaviest I was at ~186 (201 pregnant). I dropped down to the 140-150 range after pregnancy and that is where I stayed until MFP. When I began here I set the goal of 125, thinking in the back of my head that it was unattainable. About a year in I hit that goal. I stayed there for about a year before deciding to take my cycling to another level and start racing, yep at 40. I am at 111 right now, but I am in a training phase for competitive cycling so I am being quite specific with my diet and exercise...

125 was attainable with deficit eating and exercise, and maintainable as well... Good luck!

I'm 26-28 in the first 2 photos and 40 in the last 2...

xdfmuc.jpg

Then I got pregnant on top of already being heavy. I stopped smoking, drinking and taking anti-depressants. I only gained about 10 pounds because I started paying attention to what I ate. Top weight 196 pounds.

1qln39.jpg

Now I'm working to lower BF and sit around 111...

330wzfp.jpg

1jq642.jpg

You look awesome!! I too hope to get there! Thank you.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Hi everyone,

I am 48 years and have not weighed 125 since I was about 20 years old. I currently weigh 177; is it unrealistic for me to set a goal weight to 125 pounds? I would love to get to that weight but am afraid I will set myself up to fail.....

Thoughts please.

Thank you.:noway:

Well, your situation is not too different from mine. I finally started on this journey at 52 and 177 pounds. I am now 53 1/2 and 123 pounds. So, yes, it can be done!
  • catherinet89
    catherinet89 Posts: 60 Member
    Absolutelty not unrealistic my mom is 59 and shes recently lost 40 pounds. Its all about motivation. Maybe just try little goals for now like 10 pounds is your first goal then another 10 pounds and just concentrate on little amounts that add up