Need help with choosing the right peanut butter.

2»

Replies

• Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Hi! So I'm on tumblr and they have a side for fitness (fitblr) and there, everyone's pretty big on peanut butter. I want to try it too. But I'm confused as to what kind of peanut butter I should choose. Should it be low sugar (cause I'll be eating it often)? Or if I go ahead and buy whatever kind I want, will it effect my weight loss progress? Please help! :))

I just find it odd that you've never tried Peanut butter…?

And I'm also making sure you don't believe it has some magical weight loss properties. You are going to lose weight because of a caloric deficit you're creating. Ingredients in the peanut butter you eat are not going to make any difference to your weight loss, the total calories you consume will.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Make your own! Buy a nice big bag of raw peanuts, put them on a dry frying pan on a low heat, turn occasionally until lightly browned, then chuck the lot in a food processor and blend until it turns into peanut butter (takes about 10 mins, with some scraping down of the sides after about 5 mins). Voila - 100% peanut butter! For most other nut butters just do the same! :)

The above will give you smooth peanut butter. If you want crunchy, just take out some of the nuts after a few mins in the processor, turn whats left in the food processor into peanut butter, then add back the reserved nuts to your finished peanut butter, and stir through for crunchy! :)

Oh, you will want to add about two small pinches of salt per 200g of peanuts. You could also add something for sweetness, or add a little oil, but I'm happy without either.

Peanut butter can be easy to overeat on I find, so I use the same spoon to measure it out each time, as I know exactly how much peanut butter & calories that spoon is :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    reesepeanut2.jpg

peanut_butter_co-coupon.jpg

Or I make my own peanut butter when I'm feeling ambitious