Food No Longer On Shelves, That You Miss ?

Replies

• GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    French toast crunch.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    McDonald's FRIED apple pies which by the way had 20 fewer calories than the POS pies that replaced them.
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    I am probably too old for them but I miss Kinder Surprise whenever I'm in the states. They sell them in Mexico and Canada but the US doesn't because they're a "choking Hazard" :huh:

My sister tried to smuggle some across the border for her kid's Easter basket. The customs people took them away. :sad:

I miss: the old Carnation Instant Breakfast bars. My mom wouldn't let us get sugary cereals but for some reason we could have these. Then they changed the texture and were no good anymore.

More recently, Trader Joe's soy poppers, like popcorn chicken but vegetarian. Although really why you need ANYTHING in the middle of that crispy fried bit is beyond me. They should just sell "crispy fried bits".
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Plantar's Cheese Balls.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Chocodiles!!

One of my friends bought a box of these just last weeks at either walmart or big lots
  • reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    In response to strongbow not being the same: Have you tried Angry Orchard's Cider? Deliciousness..... Its a abit sweet but I like it a lot.
    Also I dunno why it is mentioned on the bottle, maybe other cider's have gluten, I dunno, but its gluten free (really doesn't matter to me, but might to some)
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    McDonald's FRIED apple pies which by the way had 20 fewer calories than the POS pies that replaced them.

Hotter than the surface of the sun but soooo tasty!
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Nabisco Mystic Mint cookies... I miss you man :(
  • justlynzo
    justlynzo Posts: 26 Member
    When I was growing up in the 80's, Yoplait made this yogurt... I think it had some dried fruit or something, and wheat berries... It was chunky yogurt and I loved it!
  • osteological
    osteological Posts: 69 Member
    Clearly Canadian carbonated drink!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas
  • osteological
    osteological Posts: 69 Member
    Flintstones push pops - the orange creamsicle flavour was the best thing to ever happen to me when I was a child.
  • hanksmom79
    hanksmom79 Posts: 85 Member
    rivka_m wrote: »

I miss: the old Carnation Instant Breakfast bars. My mom wouldn't let us get sugary cereals but for some reason we could have these. Then they changed the texture and were no good anymore.

I dug up this old post just because of these things. I'm not sure why these left such a big impression on me but I'm seriously sad they are no longer. Apparently we're not alone. There are a couple petitions out there to bring them back...please, please, please :'(
  • GammieJoy
    GammieJoy Posts: 16 Member
    Bubs Daddy bubble gum, best bubble gum ever!!
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    "Slender Bars' and meal replacement shakes. The best!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Kraft dinner!!!

Snickers ice cream comes.

Many varieties of cookies (especially Cheryl's), cupcakes (especially Little Debbie), doughnuts, ice cream, etc.

Kraft Dinner is probably my scarecrow, though.
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Cadbury Snaps - they were like chocolate Pringles, and I was addicted to them! Discontinued for some unfathomable reason! Probably a good thing now - would totally derail my 'less chocolate' pledge! Also, Cadbury's discontinued Fuse Bars and their chocolate coins. Yes, I know other brands of chocolate coins exist, but Christmas is just a little sadder without my bag of Cadbury coins!
  • AMRROL
    AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
    edited July 2015
    Sunshine Golden Raisin Biscuit. I loved them growing up. Alas, extinct since 1996
    6zk1iurvykfk.png
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    They look exactly like Garibaldi biscuits - affectionately known as 'squashed fly biscuits' by British children!! I'd definitely recommend looking for them under that name - they're still around, at least here in the UK.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    dunkaroos. at least I don't think those exist anymore.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    We had a local soda bottling plant that made a great Lime Rickey. My favorite! I also loved 1-2-3 Jello.