Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Daily Calorie Goal Options

SGFlyinHiSGFlyinHi Posts: 469Member Member Posts: 469Member Member
It would be nice if there could be an option to where your calories burned were not added to your daily goal calories. I am on a 1500 calorie day which does not take into account my exercise. So it would be nice if the daily calorie total did not change.

It would also be nice if you could change your daily goal per day as I am doing 1500 cals for 2 days then 2000 on the 3rd day, then repeat.

Thanks.

Replies

• SGFlyinHiSGFlyinHi Posts: 469Member Member Posts: 469Member Member
    It would be nice if there could be an option to where your calories burned were not added to your daily goal calories. I am on a 1500 calorie day which does not take into account my exercise. So it would be nice if the daily calorie total did not change.

It would also be nice if you could change your daily goal per day as I am doing 1500 cals for 2 days then 2000 on the 3rd day, then repeat.

Thanks.
  • pamelawhpamelawh Posts: 162Member Member Posts: 162Member Member
    are you a guy or a girl? how has calorie shifting worked out for you? what do you do for workouts? i'm curious, i feel there are always ways to improve what i am doing?
    I'm a girl- 39.

I've only been doing it for 2 weeks now, but it seems to be doing pretty good. I work out 3 times a week with a trainer for an hour with weights, and I've been doing at least 30 min of cardio at least 4-5 days per week. I've lost 3 lbs since I started & I have more energy now then before. It's even been easier to get up in the morning than it had been in the past, and I'm NOT a morning person. LOL

My trainer started me on the shifting calories and checks my food journal every week. Just the kick I needed to get it into gear. :)
  • banks1850banks1850 Posts: 3,475Member Member Posts: 3,475Member Member
    hmm, an Idea form Mike I think. The ability to give others read only access to our food and exercise tabs. Would allow trainers to check on us without keeping 2 separate journals. Hmmm, think I'll post that in tech section.
  • time2wrktime2wrk Posts: 773Member Member Posts: 773Member Member
    I have heard that switching up your calorie intake keeps the body from going into starvation mode. (Plus, it would be nice to have a few more calories to spend on the weekend, ha ha!)
    It's working for me, and having a heavy day fall on a Sat works. ;)
    I just asked my wife about this (she IS the expert, I'm serious, she is as close to a trainer and nutritionist as I've ever seen without actually being one), and she confirmed that, Yes, if you start to plateau, shocking your body by intaking a lot of calories one day can actually re-induce weight loss. She explained it all to me and I got lost half way through, but I won't tell her that. :) Of course, you do have to keep up the work after the fact as well.
  • barefootbabebarefootbabe Posts: 271Member Member Posts: 271Member Member
    Banks, I was thinking the same thing about the journals being available for others to see. Except I wasn't thinking so much about a trainer having access to them as us having access to each other's- a bit of accountability I think, knowing that all your online spport/friends could take a peek at how you've been doing!
  • cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 28,979Member Member Posts: 28,979Member Member
    You can print out your diary for your trainer.

Accountability should be by choice, I think. If we could "invite" others to view our diary, that would be helpful. But, I don't think that "anyone" should have access to our diary. I think that sort of defines Diary. Privacy.

cm
    Yeah, CM that was what I was thinking, give people the ability to see your food and excercise tabs but only by you giving the user permission to do so.
  • barefootbabebarefootbabe Posts: 271Member Member Posts: 271Member Member
  • nancymnancym Posts: 52Member Posts: 52Member
    :love:
    Hey ya'll
    I agree with SGFlyinHi on not having our calories burned added back in to daily calories "inhaled".
    Being terribly overweight and fighting the compulsion to eat bad stuff, it gives me just another excuse to add more calories. If there was an option that would be great. How 'bout it Mike?
    nancym
    remember folks, you can add your own exercises to your exercise database. You could (if you want to follow this course) just add the exercises and give them a 0 calorie total. That way you are recording your work outs but not your calories.

After a few weeks I'm sure most of your workouts would be all added in and then you just check them off and how many minutes you have done. (just make sure you put in a good description so others don't use a 0 calorie exercise by accident)
  • nancymnancym Posts: 52Member Posts: 52Member
    :love:
    Thanks banks1850. Never thought of doing that. Now I can't sabotague my diet quite so easily. Now is I can just make Halloween candy disappear with ending up in my tummy...hmmmmmmm.
    nancym
    Thanks Banks, but I would still like to see how many calories I've burned. Having an option to still be able to see the calories burned but keeping the same calorie allowed total would be better for me. How about it Mike, any way to make that an option?
  • MikeMike Posts: 824Member Member Posts: 824Member Member
    I'll see what I can do. It will probably be a bit before I can get to it as I've got a few other things I'm working on, but I'll definitely add it to the enhancement list.
    I'll see what I can do. It will probably be a bit before I can get to it as I've got a few other things I'm working on, but I'll definitely add it to the enhancement list.

No problem. Thanks for checking into it. :glasses:
    SGFlyinHi

Can't you just make a spreadsheet or a word doc and track your exercise off the website? Or you could add your exercise after the day's end and you're done eating your originally alotted calories......Then you have it on record with the amount of calories burned by your exercises.

But, why do you want to sabatogue your weight loss by starving yourself? I think you'll feel weak and yucky......that's what happens to me when I don't eat enough - and then I don't lose weight either. :sick:

~cm
    CM,

First, I just made a suggestion for the site. if Mike doesn't want to do it, that's fine by me. i know what calories I need per day and can go off of my totals, which is what I do now, but it would make it easier to keep track of.

Second, I am not starving myself, believe me, even though I don't take my exercise calories burned into account. Plus I am working with a trainer and she has me sticking to the Calorie totals she thinks are the best for me. And this has been working for me as I am losing, slow & steady, I'm not hungry, and I have a lot more energy now than I have had in the past.

Thanks for caring CM.

SG :glasses:
    Good job, SGFlyinHi ! Keep doin what your doin' ! Each to his/her own.

cm :flowerforyou: