Women Lifting Heavy and being Bulky....................

_KitKat_
_KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
So I am well aware women getting bulky by lifting does not happen, but I wanted to see if any women who lift......Get a kick out of flexing, especially after a workout. I will not get bulky by lifting, but with the swelling from a workout; I enjoy making certain muscles flex and feeling like a bada$$. Example after squats, making my quad pop out to the side and looking like I could drop kick anyone.

I completely enjoy the feeling of looking thinner and not bulky but on command can now pop a bicep up, flex my back or make more lines in my legs than I even knew I had muscles. The butt sitting higher is a major plus too. Now I just have to get the tricep to play along.

I know some women worry about being bulky, this will NOT happen without testosterone and much more work than most are willing to do. I just wanted to see if any other women were as goofy as I am and like feeling like a bada$$ with their new found muscles.

Guys feel free to reply, I know many of you love playing the flexing game too :love:

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    I still have a bit too much body fat to get a good flex, but the veins in my forearms are visible now. I like to feel them at the end of a workout when they're pumped full of blood...I've never been able to before. :blushing:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Heck yah...I love how my legs look when I walk...or my shoulders when I put my arms over my head etc...flexing my back etc...
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    I may have to take a tricep pic in the gym today, just so I can brag.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    Me!

i'm not worried about being "bulk" because i know that's just a matter of the amount of body fat you have and i like fried chicken ice cream, booze, pizza and cheese too much to ever be able comfortably be below 20% body fat :laugh:

but yeah i like the idea of being able to see my muscles at work when i'm working them
  • _KitKat_

Lmao, tricep is where my stubborn fat is refusing to leave. I work them and can feel them, but have no clue how to see them or if they would be visible anyways :grumble:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Me!

my traps and delts are downright scary when I pop them!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    I flex. A lot. It's like Christmas.
  • _KitKat_
    Me!

my traps and delts are downright scary when I pop them!

Thanks to usmc, and my noob question on my wall today.....I just found out I can get my front delts to pop and what it was that was popping out :blushing: It is my newest NSV and made me very happy at the gym last night and gave a new enjoyment to bent over barbell rows :drinker:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    I spend more time flexing in the mirror than I should admit to. I'm also a bodybuilder and spend lots of time practicing the poses.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse

Lmao, tricep is where my stubborn fat is refusing to leave. I work them and can feel them, but have no clue how to see them or if they would be visible anyways :grumble:

That would be my belly.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    89644d1400376867-my-sharpness-test-results-tamron-150-600-yodapic.jpg
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    I do spend a bit too long looking for new lines on my shoulders in the mirror and tensing my legs while I'm sitting - to see if they look like a superhero's yet, obvs.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    I spend more time flexing in the mirror than I should admit to. I'm also a bodybuilder and spend lots of time practicing the poses.

Haha I would never leave the mirror if I had your physique!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member

I'm not normally an attention wh*re, but I'm bored today
    IMG_20130805_222824_zps49abba1a.jpg
    IMG_20130803_135317_zps3ef17f41.jpg
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Nothing finer than a well toned, defined woman who lifts heavy!! Carry on!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse

I have a decade old phone with a crappy camera, pics are going to be an issue.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    I want to be bulky so bad and yes, I spend a stupid amount of time flexing lol

2zs1eds.jpg
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    I'm confused. So are you saying women can't get bulky?

I think that what she is saying is that women cannot get bulky *by accident* - that just lifting, in itself, doesn't make women 'bulk up'
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member

I'm not normally an attention wh*re, but I'm bored today
    IMG_20130805_222824_zps49abba1a.jpg
    IMG_20130803_135317_zps3ef17f41.jpg

You. ... are incredible:flowerforyou:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    I have fun flexing my biceps and freaking people out. My workout buddy said yesterday he can barely see the "horseshoe" on my triceps when I'm in the act of lifting. Whee!

I have a few pounds to lose before I'll see the definition in my thighs I used to see when I was competing at karate in my 20s but I'm waiting for that day.