I lost my father today.

1235»

Replies

• anewstart1011
    anewstart1011 Posts: 72 Member
    There are no words to take away the pain. I believe they can hear you. My father passed away a year ago. He was on hospice. We had his mother in Minnesota talk to him. I held the phone to his ear and though he could not talk I believe he heard her. Please take the time to grieve and take care of yourself. God bless. I will keep you and your father in my prayers.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    I'm sorry for your loss:( . My prayers go out
  • sparacka
    sparacka Posts: 137 Member
    I have a similarly-distant relationship with my father and his rapidly deteriorating health is making me wonder whether I want to address any of the issues between us that have plagued me for years. If nothing else, your story has motivated me to give this some serious thought, as he will not be on this earth forever.
    My thoughts are with you. Surround yourself with people who love you and who will let you cry or laugh or rave, as needed. Take care of yourself and forgive yourself for any food-lapses. You will get through this and get back to your goals when you are ready. Take your time to grieve.
    :heart:
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    He didn't die alone sweetie. In his heart he heard your voice and that was enough.

You and he are in our thoughts.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine what you are going through. You will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad that you were able to at least get some small semblance of closure with the phone call. I would like to think that he sensed your presence on some level. Please take care.
  • corksterfl87
    corksterfl87 Posts: 33 Member
    :heart: I heart for you. I lost my dad last year...It will take time to get back to life, but you can do it be strong . If you need any support please message me
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    My sincerest sympathies. I encourage you to continue to speak to your father and write him letters or start a journal expressing joys, pains, turmoils, regrets, triumphs, etc...know that he hears you.

Don't let your regrets about your relationship fester. Instead, make an effort to build positive relationships and contact those you love and like at least annually. Even if it is just a Christmas card or your son's school picture, make an effort to remain in their lives. Learn to let go of bad experiences while you grow and learn from all experiences. God Bless!
  • coquinat
    coquinat Posts: 49 Member
    I am so sorry for your loss.

I lost my father two weeks ago, he passed away suddenly from a heart attack. It is a terrible, strange thing. I loved my father and I wish I could have had many more years with him. Relationships are hard. Sometimes, people who are family don't behave like we expect family to behave, and forgiveness is a process, and there has to be willingness on both sides... unfortunately sometimes that process prevents people from making amends while there is still time.

I know your father loved you because he loved and knew you as a little girl. Cherish that. Papa is always papa. Live your best life from today forward with the family you have now. And we carry the ones we love with us in our hearts, remember that. He lives on inside of you, just like my papa lives on in me and my brother, and my mother who was the love of his life..