What am I doing wrong!?!?!?!?

Options
12346»

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    AusteenaHayes, ignore the jerks!

I spent several years in the Army, and it was always a constant pursuit for higher fitness. At least for me I hit a wall where I just couldn't lose more weight no matter what. At that point I stopped wasting all the time running excessively and focused on toning exercises and machines. I looked much better, felt stronger, even though the weight or clothing size never really changed. It's just a thought, I don't know extensively what all workouts you do.

For the others, I myself got too obsessed with my image. I was approaching a six pack, dating a gorgeous woman that modeled, and we both felt self conscious. Now that I'm single and overweight and look back at those photos, I can't believe I ever felt that way. But it's her body and I can relate to wanting it more perfect. It's a mindset, and there's always more to obtain. I have a Masters degree now and only want more education. You'd think I'd feel smart, but I see people with doctorates and makes me self conscious.

Anyways feel free to write me any time!

So the people who gave real advice are "jerks"....got it. Many people advised to start weight training, and other advised to get the logging in check. The OP withheld an underlying issue, which is where the wheels fell off. If they want real advise, it's better to come clean earlier than skating around it while individuals try to give solid advice.

MFP, never change.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Just been reading over this post........ Some mixed comments here..!

OP - Have you even worked out your BMR? What is it?

What's your TDEE? Do you know what this means?

Considering you do 3 - 6 hours of exercise, you need to eat ALOT more calories for you to lose. Your not losing because your eating far too less calories, and working out way too much!!

God you must be exhausted no? Eating so little, working out so much? FOOD IS FUEL CHICK!!!!

EAT UP!!!!!!!!!!! : )
  • AusteenaHayes
    Options
    I truly do not feel exhausted. Actually I feel more energized after my workouts. 3-6 hours or just 4 hours. Either way I feel better after each one of them.

And truth be told, I really don't have a big appetite. Honestly I never have. Like if I didn't workout I probably would never eat because I would never be hungry. And I rarely get hungry for some reason anyway. I don't know why, I really don't.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I truly do not feel exhausted. Actually I feel more energized after my workouts. 3-6 hours or just 4 hours. Either way I feel better after each one of them.

And truth be told, I really don't have a big appetite. Honestly I never have. Like if I didn't workout I probably would never eat because I would never be hungry. And I rarely get hungry for some reason anyway. I don't know why, I really don't.

That's because your body is warped from the gymorexia. Seriously, get help before someone finds your corpse twisted up in an elliptical.
  • BornxVillain
    BornxVillain Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am in the same predicament. :yawn:

You're not alone! I hope you jump over your plateau with a huge sprint to the end. :happy:
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed someone has 3 - 6 hours a day to exercise.

Not really that hard to workout that much. Really easy actually. Just takes dedication.

If you are exercising for 3-6 hours and it's 'really easy', you are not doing it hard enough.
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You claim to have had an eating disorder, are working out many hours per day, under eating, and say that you need tips on losing weight???????

Here's a tip, go see a doctor!

seriously how many damn times do I have to say it!! I'm fat, I'm not going to some stupid doctor who doesn't know me really and I want to lose weight. End of story its my life, its my body and I can do whatever the hell I want!

Then hows about you kindly GTFO. You obviously arn't interested in anything anyone who knows what they are talking about is saying. You either want to ignore logic or are hoping someone is gonna come by with a magic bean. You just want validation. I hear pets are good for that sort of thing.

For the rest of us, we are hear to improve our bodies.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Here's some information that might help

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    You claim to have had an eating disorder, are working out many hours per day, under eating, and say that you need tips on losing weight???????

seriously how many damn times do I have to say it!! I'm fat, I'm not going to some stupid doctor who doesn't know me really and I want to lose weight. End of story its my life, its my body and I can do whatever the hell I want!

And we can do whatever the hell we want. This is not a Pro Anna site. You have relapsed. There's no healthy tips for you here other than to work with a professional to adjust your relationship with food

I PM'd OP to share my story on how it was very hard for me to lose weight when I becaome overweight because of my history with eating disorders, but that it is possible to do it safely.

She replied with : Are you seriously calling me overweight? Wow. Just. Wow.

She doesn't want real help. :(

...And that's unfortunate, because she desperately needs it.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

And we can do whatever the hell we want. This is not a Pro Anna site. You have relapsed. There's no healthy tips for you here other than to work with a professional to adjust your relationship with food

I PM'd OP to share my story on how it was very hard for me to lose weight when I becaome overweight because of my history with eating disorders, but that it is possible to do it safely.

She replied with : Are you seriously calling me overweight? Wow. Just. Wow.

She doesn't want real help. :(

She may not be hungry, but she sure is hangry! :laugh:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    All I want are damn tips to losing more weight. I know I'm fat so just give me damn tips already!
    Quit being rude and start listening to people.

The ONLY way to lose weight is to eat less calories than you burn. Period. Eat at a moderate calorie deficit. Cut down on the exercise to ensure that your body is properly fueled.
    truly do not feel exhausted. Actually I feel more energized after my workouts. 3-6 hours or just 4 hours. Either way I feel better after each one of them.

Since you have a past with anorexia, and you are now over exercising, and you are also not recovered from your eating disorder, you need to seek professional help.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

I spent several years in the Army, and it was always a constant pursuit for higher fitness. At least for me I hit a wall where I just couldn't lose more weight no matter what. At that point I stopped wasting all the time running excessively and focused on toning exercises and machines. I looked much better, felt stronger, even though the weight or clothing size never really changed. It's just a thought, I don't know extensively what all workouts you do.

For the others, I myself got too obsessed with my image. I was approaching a six pack, dating a gorgeous woman that modeled, and we both felt self conscious. Now that I'm single and overweight and look back at those photos, I can't believe I ever felt that way. But it's her body and I can relate to wanting it more perfect. It's a mindset, and there's always more to obtain. I have a Masters degree now and only want more education. You'd think I'd feel smart, but I see people with doctorates and makes me self conscious.

Thee are no jerks in this thread.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options

Did you read where she posted about her eating disorder?? Eating as little and working out as long each day as she is she is still dealing with her eating disorder so enabling her is only going to make her think she is right which she is not, what she is doing is unhealthy period.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

You're actually encouraging this? This poor child is sick.